Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
I won a Disney Hercules lenticular card.

First, here's what it's not: Not from the Kellogg's Australia "Rice Bubbles" inserts, not from Nestle's Ice Cream, and not from Shreddies/Cheerios product inserts.

A different auction from yours, with the case intact, said "I purchased these cards in Florida approximately 10 years ago and gave them to kids in the family for Christmas. I had a few left ..."

So, because it seems to have been intended to be sold in the case, I bet it was a Theme-Park-Store item.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by area51uk:
Just my luck, one of the better looking sketches I pulled has no signature that I can see, anyone got any ideas as to who the artist might be?

I give it a 37% chance for Adam Hughes. He forgot to sign all of his sketches for this series. If I squint, I can see some similarities with how he handled the smile, stubble, collar, and wash in a few of his Heritage sketches.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jeff! Smile

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone able to id the characters in these 2 sketches? I know the artists.

Left sketch is by Uko Smith.
Right sketch is by William O'Neill.

Thanks for any help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Byrna,

Posts: 622 | Location: Boston, MA USA | Registered: December 28, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Servo
posted Hide Post
The one on the right is Emma Frost, not sure about the left.

Posts: 99 | Location: UK | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And here's another Women of Marvel character that I need help id'ing. I've been told the sketch artist is Ron Wilson, though there's no indication on the sketch. Any guesses?

Posts: 622 | Location: Boston, MA USA | Registered: December 28, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 2 panel sketches.... the one on the right is Emma Frost, dont know the one on the left.....
the single one Looks like Feral
Who is the artist for the Emma Frost????
Thanks

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That single panel could be Storm.....

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Servo
posted Hide Post
No your right, i'd say it was Feral too

Posts: 99 | Location: UK | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your ideas about the sketches.

I was thinking the one on the right was Emma Frost. The artist on the Frost sketch is William O'Neill.

But I'm still not sure about the single sketch by Wilson. The face itself seems to me to be "Storm" almost a classic "Uncanny" image. But the hair isn't like anything I'd associate with that character, from style to color.

And I've looked online at some images of "Feral", and somehow I can't find anything similar.

No takers on the Uko Smith sketch on the left eh?? Anyone else want to chime in?

Thanks for your help.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
The sketch on the left by Uko Smith is Vindicator of Alpha Flight.
For the single sketch, I also hesitate between Storm and Feral, but my preference is Storm.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
I won a Disney Hercules lenticular card.

First, here's what it's not: Not from the Kellogg's Australia "Rice Bubbles" inserts, not from Nestle's Ice Cream, and not from Shreddies/Cheerios product inserts.

A different auction from yours, with the case intact, said "I purchased these cards in Florida approximately 10 years ago and gave them to kids in the family for Christmas. I had a few left ..."

So, because it seems to have been intended to be sold in the case, I bet it was a Theme-Park-Store item.

I received the item today. From the price sticker on the back, it was definitely sold at the Disney theme parks.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Could anyone tell me if this card is a promo or not. The card came with a redemption card, but it says Promo on it. I don't really care either way as I wanted it 'cause I love those lenticulars... just curious. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
Back in the olden days...

I was lucky enough to pull the redemption card and had it redeemed.

When I received it It also had the words promo on the top.

Now my friend who bought one from a show did not have the words promo on it.

Now, If memory serves me, by accident Skybox gave the "non promo's" to the dealers.

And supposedly the ones marked promo are rarer.

Anyone else remember?

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
OK- the following are pictures of cards I recently came across (the pictures, not the cards "yet"). The owner says they're from the 50's, and I can't identify them from these photos:

The only seemingly easy ones are the flags. Since the easiest way to find some things is on Ebay, I tried a comparison. I know what they aren't:
-Flags- Wilbur-Suchard- 1938
-Flags of the World- Topps- 1956
-Flag Midgee Cards- Topps- 1963

Can anyone help?

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Russ
The cards showing weapons are from a set callled Guns and Pistols produced by Parkhurst in 1955.It is a Canadian set of 50 cards.

The automobile cards are from a set called World on Wheels produced by Topps in 1953.

The flag cards could come from a set called Flags of the World Parade issued in 1950.The reference number for this set is R-714-6
Hope this helps.

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Could anyone tell me if this card is a promo or not. The card came with a redemption card, but it says Promo on it. I don't really care either way as I wanted it 'cause I love those lenticulars... just curious. Big Grin

These cards were part of the DC Villains set. According to the dealer information sheet, the promos were inserted 1 per case (10 boxes) and the redemption cards for the same lenticular card without 'promo' were inserted 1:180 packs (ie 5 boxes). The nonpromo version also has a sleeve.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
That's awesome Silmapco- thanks!! I managed to find some of those flag cards for sale & it looks like you're right on those too- an example:

I especially like the "World on Wheels" cards! I have a few similar themed sets, "Muscle Cars" from '92, and "Dream Cars" series 1 & 2 from '91, "Mustang 30th Anniversary" from '94, and also "Autos 0f 1977". How many 'recent' sets feature a range of classic cars? (not counting weird stuff or highly modified) That's something I really want to add to my collection.

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
These cards were part of the DC Villains set. According to the dealer information sheet, the promos were inserted 1 per case (10 boxes) and the redemption cards for the same lenticular card without 'promo' were inserted 1:180 packs (ie 5 boxes). The nonpromo version also has a sleeve.

quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
Back in the olden days...

I was lucky enough to pull the redemption card and had it redeemed.

When I received it It also had the words promo on the top.

Now my friend who bought one from a show did not have the words promo on it.

Now, If memory serves me, by accident Skybox gave the "non promo's" to the dealers.

And supposedly the ones marked promo are rarer.

Anyone else remember?

Thanks for the info Scifi_Collector & tangent! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just opened a Marvel Masterpieces 2007 box and found this card:

Any idea who this superhero is? The artist is Ryan Orosco. Any help would be appreciated!

Sherrie

Posts: 15 | Location: Outside Chicago, IL | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post