Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any idea as to who this artist is?
Hobbit Sketch

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silmapco:
Any idea as to who this artist is?
Hobbit Sketch

Dana Condel

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thank you

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Suddenly I noticed these unidentified sketches of Frankenstein in my collection. They're from Crypto's first DC release. Only one has been signed. No signature anywhere to be found on the profile sketch. Still, the art styles seems specific enough for me to hope that someone here may tell me who drew these.
Thanks!

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Can someone please tell me what card this is from? I've tried scanning it but it's a holo and doesn't scan well.
Anyway, it's a Disney card from Skybox. It's a double sided hologram of Goofy. The card is not numbered and has no year on it.
What year is it and what set does it belong to?
Thanks for any help.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
Can someone please tell me what card this is from? I've tried scanning it but it's a holo and doesn't scan well.
Anyway, it's a Disney card from Skybox. It's a double sided hologram of Goofy. The card is not numbered and has no year on it.
What year is it and what set does it belong to?
Thanks for any help.

Does it say "Get Goofy"? If so, then it is from the Disney Collector Cards Series 2 set.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And the year was 1992.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Yep, dat's da puppy. Thank you. Now that I know where to look I see that there was two of them. Who's on the second one??

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were three: Get Goofy, Mickey and the Beanstalk, and Plane Crazy. This link to a completed auction shows all three front-and-back.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just ran across this group of posts about "Big Shew" cards. I'd like to see them too. They aren't listed in the Almanac. Did you learn more about them?

quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:
I received the packs here at the office and I've opened them. I will provide scans of the entire set if anyone is interested in seeing what's in them.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 3rd one is Hamilton Cline

Posts: 5 | Location: USA | Registered: May 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've recently purchased a 1-50 set of Upper Deck Agents of Shield cards that, from the seller, is described as "Color Wheel" cards. These are parallels of the first 50 cards. As I've bought 4 boxes and haven't pulled one, I was wondering if they were an exclusive for the retail market. Can anyone shed some light on these and the pulled odds, please?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I've recently purchased a 1-50 set of Upper Deck Agents of Shield cards that, from the seller, is described as "Color Wheel" cards. These are parallels of the first 50 cards. As I've bought 4 boxes and haven't pulled one, I was wondering if they were an exclusive for the retail market. Can anyone shed some light on these and the pulled odds, please?

Color Wheel are epack cards. When you open packs on epack you can combine cards to make exclusive parallels or collect an entire set of something to get special cards.

Haven't bought on epack since 2016 MM but I would guess if you combined 10 base cards you got a color wheel version of that card.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Color Wheel are epack cards. When you open packs on epack you can combine cards to make exclusive parallels or collect an entire set of something to get special cards.

Haven't bought on epack since 2016 MM but I would guess if you combined 10 base cards you got a color wheel version of that card.

Thank you. I wondered how the seller had multiple sets. They are a good addition to the product.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good evening

I found the following card in my collection and I have no idea what set it should be attributed to as there does not seem to be an obvious title. Is it a one off or what. I have looked through Allenders checklists and nothing seemed to fit. I also have not been able to find out who "Star Cards" are and what they have issued. Can anyone please help.

Front
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

back

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Todd has an entry for "Star Cards" in PCE2008. He has some unnumbered cards from 2004 listed that show various celebrities. The cards are noted as being given out at the "Super Megafest" show that year. It appears your card could be from another set by the same company or another company with the same name. I don't think I have a card like that.

Jess

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
This card is part of an 18 card set + header card titled "Colorado StarFest 94" and was distributed at that show. The way to recognize any of these is by the silver star in the upper left corner. These promos cover all types of cosmic related cards, including, Star Trek, Star Wars, Space etc...

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
This card is part of an 18 card set + header card titled "Colorado StarFest 94" and was distributed at that show. The way to recognize any of these is by the silver star in the upper left corner. These promos cover all types of cosmic related cards, including, Star Trek, Star Wars, Space etc...

Albert

Thank You

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have some other cards I cannot place and hopefully someone on CardTalk can. The scans are as follows:-

I think this card might be a "Fan" card?

Front

Back

This card is one of those cards with a blank black magnetic back and has the number 006, Black Cat and Marvel Comics in Gold on the front which is metallic. I have no idea what set or series it applies to.

This one appears to be a base card of a set called Train Cards issued by SMTC, LLC. dated 1995. I could not find a listing for such a set on Allender's website.

Front
back

Can anyone please give me more information on any of these cards.

thanks and regards

John

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

I think this card might be a "Fan" card?

Front

Back

Kilian did a set for a horror hosted show called Nightmare in 1991. And the look of that card reminds me of a promo set called "TV and Toy Museum of Central Florida" in 1991. Maybe that helps.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post