Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Oh I think I know which ones you're talking about,
are they the ones that came up out of the Hellmouth in Season 7?

Yes, they were bald and badly dressed. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know who the artist is on this LOTR sketch card?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Does anyone know who the artist is on this LOTR sketch card?

Roberto Flores....

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you, AUST

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Batman fans, help me out. Who is this character?

And who is the aritst?

Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Jorge Correa is the artist...maybe Barbara Gordon for the character?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. I was going through my FUSM album and realized I don't know who the artist is for middle sketch. I'm assuming that Rachel or Rachal is artist, unless that's character? Don't see any reference to that name in any artist list for FUSM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stuff_guy,

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
I believe that the artist of the Mary Jane sketch is Chris Bachalo

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Robert! So what I read as 'Rachel' is actually a 'Bachal' with a long trailing 'O'. Now I see it. Excellent!

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:
Jorge Correa is the artist...maybe Barbara Gordon for the character?

Yes, Barbara Gordon as Oracle.

Posts: 36 | Location: Warwick, RI | Registered: April 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any help identifying these artists

Posts: 3 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any information on these cards? I'd love to find a full checklist for both series but I'm coming up empty. They are 1982 Big Shew Series 2 by Sorgel-Lee.

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not sure where you would find a checklist for these unless you contacted one of the principal parties from Sorgel-Lee-Riordan. According to the Milwaukee Sentinel from 1982, they were a widely known audio-visual producer who made ads for companies and had offered cards that showed audio visual work with live action.

Don't know what that means, except that there was probably no formal licensing and maybe that's why they aren't cataloged, if they maybe have no copyright. I see that two sealed packs are for sale on eBay and I guess that's why you're asking.

Looks like some of the principals are still active and have links on social sites, so I would try asking them if you can't find anything elsewhere. Good luck on your search for the obscure. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There's a toll-free phone number on the back of the pack. Is it still in operation? Maybe you could get some more detailed info about them there...

Beyond that, in the listing, the fellow seems to indicate he'd take $25 for the pair. Take a shot and let us know what's in them. You'd probably be one of the few people with a set of both series, as not too many of this oddball issue likely have survived 30+ years down the line.

(Don't eat the gum, though, or it'd mean your heirs would the only people with a set!)

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made an offer for them. Hopefully, I'll snag them and be able to see what they are.

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
That is Ed Sullivan and one of his sayings was "a really big shew" ("a really big show")

Sullivan began his weekly show with "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, tonight we have a really Big SHEW!" and "On our stage tonight..."

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post

This is one of the cards from the set...

This set was one of the first examples of "corporate cards".

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool! I was able to make a successful offer on them. Do you know how many cards are in each series or were they just limited to the 10 cards in the pack?

posted Hide Post
I received the packs here at the office and I've opened them. I will provide scans of the entire set if anyone is interested in seeing what's in them.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see them, thanks!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post