Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Sorry Kris, I have no idea.

But I just had to say... WOW Eek That's some 'sketch'.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of young silverback
posted Hide Post
hello i recently got a sketch card out of a box of spider man archives. i was wondering if you guys could help me find out who the artist is and if it is considered a common or a hot artist i can tell that the name starts with an S it looks like strait but not sure?

Posts: 19 | Location: illinois | Registered: March 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by young silverback:
hello i recently got a sketch card out of a box of spider man archives. i was wondering if you guys could help me find out who the artist is and if it is considered a common or a hot artist i can tell that the name starts with an S it looks like strait but not sure?

Have a look here

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...pider%2Dmanarchives/

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by young silverback:

Have a look here could be Sonny Strait

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...pider%2Dmanarchives/

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of young silverback
posted Hide Post
thank you very much Smile

Posts: 19 | Location: illinois | Registered: March 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Hello
I just bought the original art for a card and I need help with exactly what set it is from. I know it is from a set of Wildstorm cards...

The artist is Scott Clark (if that helps at all)
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wgf351,

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is base card #85 from WildStorm Set I .

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Thanks for the info

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
I have the following sketch card from the Marvel 70th Anniversary set by Rittenhouse.

Here is a list of Artists but I am unable to discern who the artist is.

http://www.scifihobby.com/products/marvel/marvel70/

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dough boy:
I have the following sketch card from the Marvel 70th Anniversary set by Rittenhouse.

Here is a list of Artists but I am unable to discern who the artist is.[QUOTE]

That would be by Jim Kyle.

Nice sketch.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Thanks...that is who I was leaning towards...just didn't see any other works where the signature was the same.

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BM Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Hi All

Any help on these signatures would be great.

http://www.bmcollectibles.com/...hcards/signature.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BM Collectibles,

Posts: 44 | Location: north pole | Registered: August 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
The bottom card is definitely a Brian Kong card. Smile

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cordelia. 1 down, 1 to go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BM Collectibles,

Posts: 44 | Location: north pole | Registered: August 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clap Dave Beaty Clap

posted Hide Post
Anybody have a clue what these very rare tobacco style trading cards are all about?

"Very rare", I'm sure, since he has over 1,000 of them listed. Did he print them in his momma basement?

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the others, but the baseball ones are almost certainly cut from larger triple fold panel cards issued by Upper Deck in 1993. They're called "All-Time Heroes of Baseball" and are done in the style of vintage early 1900's "Hassan Triple-Folders", I believe they are called.

The full cards, while beautiful, aren't especially valuable, so cut down in such a way, I would say they are essentially worthless. They weren't exactly reprints, but rather featured more modern players in the vintage design.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not sure that any are from Upper Deck, there is no manufacturer mentioned and no logo can be seen in the photos. Tobacco cards are very collectible, but "tobacco style" means nothing. I would agree with the previous assessment. Wink

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CalHarley
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I would like to know what these cards are, I know they are from Topps 1964-66. Any help would be appreciated.
backs
fronts
Thanks

Are we there yet?

Posts: 40 | Location: Cushing, ME | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post