Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

Many thanks for your assistance, I only wish I could remember where and how I came by the Inside Comics cards especially with three all bearing the same number. It was most likely an eBay transaction as I have not been to a card show in some years.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a nice bonus to have matching serial numbers. You can try contacting the artists directly.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

Many thanks for your assistance, I only wish I could remember where and how I came by the Inside Comics cards especially with three all bearing the same number. It was most likely an eBay transaction as I have not been to a card show in some years.

regards

John

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
I have a set of these also, they came free with a magazine called 'Inside Comics' which only lasted for a few issues.
My cards also have the same number.

quote:
Jess

regards

John

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steshell:
I have a set of these also, they came free with a magazine called 'Inside Comics' which only lasted for a few issues.
My cards also have the same number.

quote:
Jess

regards

John

steshell

Many thanks, I don't collect Comics but it is nice to know a cards origins.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen these cards identified as from a Hostess promotion in 1991 but there were two other ones that year: the yellow background stickers and the white-bordered "Secret of the Ooze" cards. I vaguely recall that these were vending machine cards/stickers from the 90's but does anyone know for sure? The licensee is Surge LIC, Inc., which is the same company that had the license to do the yellow-background stickers.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received this card in a lot of maybe 20 promo cards including some oddball regional city services promos and business cards in trading card form. This card is standard size with the same red sparkle/glitter pattern front and back. I asked the seller about it but he didn't know where it came from, just unloading a lot he picked up as part of a larger lot.

I didn't know what it was guessing that it might be one of those Dart Flipcards business card promos but I checked PCE2008 and there's nothing like it listed. I thought the front and/or back might peel-off but there's no indication of that so I didn't try to do it. Maybe somebody here knows what it is or has heard of something like it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A search shows that there is something called a Red Glitter card that you can order as decorative paper. I think its one-sided though, but it resembles it.

Are you sure its not a separator or some sort of pack filler? If it can't peel or open up and has no writing on it, I don't know how its a trading card, promo or otherwise. A business card has to say something. The only other things I can think of is some sort of token or access pass or a card from a game, but that's wild guesses.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't think of a pack filler. That could be it as it explains why it's standard card size. It could be a separator from a company that sells card storage boxes for the same reason. I assume it was thrown into the lot with the promos as an afterthought.

Maybe it's an extremely generous gift currently unrecognized. Maybe if I stare into it long enough, I will see the future.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
A search shows that there is something called a Red Glitter card that you can order as decorative paper. I think its one-sided though, but it resembles it.

Are you sure its not a separator or some sort of pack filler? If it can't peel or open up and has no writing on it, I don't know how its a trading card, promo or otherwise. A business card has to say something. The only other things I can think of is some sort of token or access pass or a card from a game, but that's wild guesses.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I received this card in a lot of maybe 20 promo cards including some oddball regional city services promos and business cards in trading card form. This card is standard size with the same red sparkle/glitter pattern front and back. I asked the seller about it but he didn't know where it came from, just unloading a lot he picked up as part of a larger lot.

My guess would be that it's a printer's sample of an available card stock.

I've received samples like this before of different papers available to print on.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't think of that either. That makes sense too.

posted Hide Post
Hi,

Starting to go through my collection with the intent of downsizing. Found these in the back of a serenity binder.

Are they Evolution? Any idea of value?

https://postimg.cc/r0ZhXS1L

Thanks

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drofdarb:
Hi,

Starting to go through my collection with the intent of downsizing. Found these in the back of a serenity binder.

Are they Evolution? Any idea of value?

https://postimg.cc/r0ZhXS1L

Thanks

Baker is from Evolution and typically sells in the range of US$150-$225.
Bulloch is also from Evolution and usually sells for around US$175-$225, but the most recent sale was for US$418.75. So that one might be on the rise.
The Barclay is from Evolution Update and sells for around US$65.
Great cards! Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for response, I'm so out of touch with my card collection. Most of it has been sitting in storage for years.

Been checking ebay and some prices are crazy, the Serenity binder I found them in is listed for over $300.

Funny thing though the more I'm looking the more things I'm finding to buy so my downsizing might go the other way..

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Can anyone help identify the artist of this UD Aliens (2018) sketch card?

UD Aliens sketch front

UD Aliens sketch back

It might be Anthony C Sciscioli but I can't find any examples by him for the set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Need artist info for the Emplate character.

Need the character name for this one.

Any info is appreciated.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:

Need the character name for this one.

Any info is appreciated.

Anarky.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Need artist info for the Emplate character.

Any info is appreciated.

See if the lists on this site help.
Sketch card signatures

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Thanks Raj.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post