Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cardwizardlady! This looks like it's even more complicated. I got my information from the Promo Card Encyclopedia, where it was originally identified that way as a card included in the factory set for Galaxy 2.

But when I search eBay and the web, all images for SW Galaxy Promo 0 are a different card, and variously assigned to Galaxy 1 or Galaxy 2. Usually it's called a "Ken Steacy" card, but the image isn't either #26 or #125 from the Galaxy set or any other card in SWG 1-2-3.

No Promo 0 is shown in Cathy's checklists at starwarscards.net.

So I had one theory that your card was promoting SW Galaxy magazine and not the card set, but your description matches card 26 exactly except for the 0 in the Vader outline instead of the 26. Maybe it was a prototype promo (if that makes sense) that didn't get distributed widely.

It looks like we need a few Star Wars promo experts to chime in ...

Interesting!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there a set of these that came with the toys and figures numbered A, B, C etc. Maybe this is O.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
There is a fantasic resource for star wars promos done by Topps. It's called "The Star Wars Collector's Bible".

Web address is http://www.sandcrawler.com/SWB/tpromos.html

It tells you when and where all the promos were released.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Wasn't there a set of these that came with the toys and figures numbered A, B, C etc. Maybe this is O.

Wolfie, sometimes you show uncustomary brilliance. Bingo! You're absolutely correct, promo card letter-O that came with the bend-ems toys was indeed the image from Card 26 of SWG1.

No wonder I didn't find anything on a web-search on "zero" instead of "oh".

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

Wolfie, sometimes you show uncustomary brilliance.

One try's one's best old boy. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I am glad that you started the Identi-Card Thred. Steve thanks for another good site. I will have to check that site before I ask about the other cards that I need to find out. I had purchased estimated 20,000 at a garage sale that included Star Wars, Star Trek, and many others including Star Wars Magazines that were still in their sealed bags with the cards for only $200. Was her X's and wanted to get rid of them as he left them and never came and got them. So have lots to look at and figure out what they are. I am in heaven. I will post more as I find them. Thanks again.

Posts: 7 | Location: Sun Prairie, WI | Registered: July 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
I am in need of some help with this one. This is a James McNeil sketch from Breygent's Classic Vintage Movie Posters. However, my fiancé and I are hardpressed in determining what movie this is from. Can anyone help?

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Starchild...this reminds me of a Marilyn Monroe movie that Madonna did a similar video of,Gentlemen Prefer Blondes?

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Starchild...this reminds me of a Marilyn Monroe movie that Madonna did a similar video of,Gentlemen Prefer Blondes?

Was Groucho in that movie?

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
spidergoblin - Yes, I know of that movie, although I have never seen it. It does seem to fit the theme on the card.

Redemption - I'm not sure if Groucho was in that film, but Groucho was the first person I thought of when I saw the card. However, upon further inspection of James' other art on Breygent's site, he seems to have a distinct style when drawing Groucho which looks nothing like this, so I don't think it's him on the sketch.

Thanks to you both for trying.

EDIT: Here's what a variation of the same card posted on Breygent's site. it gives a little more detail on the character....

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Found it...

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed. Clap

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh....that's really great! You're an awesome detective...very impressive. Clap

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help! Big Grin

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Thanks and you're welcomed... I figured if it wasn't Groucho it was Keaton. lol

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I picked up 4 Anna Kournikova cards at the show. They were from 2000 produced by Edge cards. They said Tennis on them and were numbered AK1, AK2, AK4, AK5.
Guess I missed the AK3 card. Not sure what or how many of these are in the set. Any help?
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently the five. There isn't any Google debris on AK6 or higher.

But it looks like you didn't "miss" AK3. There's a whole bunch of new auctions for the other four and none for that one, though older items in eBay stores suggest that it's not any scarcer. So for some reason whomever brought the others to the show had run out of that single number!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
5 card set. the AK3 is the one on top

i MAY have an extra AK3 somewhere - if you can't find one send me an email to remind me

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
glen87
Thanks. Email sent.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
I picked up 4 Anna Kournikova cards at the show. They were from 2000 produced by Edge cards. They said Tennis on them and were numbered AK1, AK2, AK4, AK5.
Guess I missed the AK3 card. Not sure what or how many of these are in the set. Any help?
Ace

Hey Ace,
Just a little info to maybe help with the search from the sports card half of my brain.
"Edge" is actually the "Collector's Edge" company and they put out sports cards thoughout most of the 1990's, most football cards. In fact, the design of the Kournikova cards is exactly the same as used on the one of their football sets, I believe it was 1999 Edge "Advantage". I am not sure if they are still in business and their cards were certainly nowhere near as popular as those from Topps, Upper Deck, Donruss, etc., but they did put out some nice looking cards, and I know they were early innovators in putting memorabilia into cards, which of course, has now become a non-sports standard as well.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Hey Ace,
Just a little info to maybe help with the search from the sports card half of my brain.
"Edge" is actually the "Collector's Edge" company and they put out sports cards thoughout most of the 1990's, most football cards. In fact, the design of the Kournikova cards is exactly the same as used on the one of their football sets, I believe it was 1999 Edge "Advantage". I am not sure if they are still in business and their cards were certainly nowhere near as popular as those from Topps, Upper Deck, Donruss, etc., but they did put out some nice looking cards, and I know they were early innovators in putting memorabilia into cards, which of course, has now become a non-sports standard as well.

close...It was 1999 Triumph that the design was created after

i have an extra of one of the cards (can't remember which of the 5 it is AK???, but it is the close-up of her face), but the set i have is the parallel #/100

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post