Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Best information I could find so far tags them as Anonymous, but shows that there are at least 13 (52 actors) in the series, and one collector shows a "Made in Hong Kong" stamp on one of his cards: Anonymous Film Stars 1960s

Yes, that's definitely from the same set. However, it looks like this set is a mystery to more than just me.

Posts: 6 | Location: CT, USA | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's often the case with some of the sets that were printed in Asia, especially many years ago. Licensing and copyrights were sometimes interpreted differently than the opinions of Western rights holders.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey hoping someone can help me out. Im not a big collector but i randomly bough a pack of cards the other day. I pulled a card out of the pack that seems like it may be rare. I cant find any info on it. Ive scoured the web. Its from marvel bronze age. Its a sketch card of captain america vs. Wolverine. One thing i was able to figure out is that the artist is anthony tan because of the inituals "ajt" in the lower right corner. Can anyone please help? Is this card valuable? Is it rare? Thanx in advance.

Posts: 1 | Location: michigan | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
A search on eBay shows several sales and several current listings (not sure about the rules of posting links so I am not going to). According to Rittenhouse he made 51-150 sketches so they tagged it as an Extremely Limited. There is only only level lower and that is scarce (less than 50)

Marvel Bronze Age has 1 sketch card per 24 packs. So a general sketch is "rare" in that regard.

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevieb616:
Hey hoping someone can help me out. Im not a big collector but i randomly bough a pack of cards the other day. I pulled a card out of the pack that seems like it may be rare. I cant find any info on it. Ive scoured the web. Its from marvel bronze age. Its a sketch card of captain america vs. Wolverine. One thing i was able to figure out is that the artist is anthony tan because of the inituals "ajt" in the lower right corner. Can anyone please help? Is this card valuable? Is it rare? Thanx in advance.

AJT is most definitely Anthony Tan.

Sketches aren't exactly RARE, but Tan did a lower number of sketches than many artists.

Quality affects value more, and subject matter. Tan's work is top notch and in demand. As long as it's not something like Squirrel Girl it's probably a "desirable" card. That's more fitting for sketches than "rare".

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

First time doing this, so I hope I got the image posted correctly (and not too big!)

Obviously, the middle is Roy Cover, and the Mockingbird solo on the right is Noval Hernawan. However, for the life of me I don't remember the artist who did this solo Hawkeye on the left. Anyone recognize this signature? Also, it seems like I saw a site (maybe here?) a while back that had a catalogue of signatures. Anyone know where I can find that? I've been getting sketch cards for a while, but just getting around to posting them.

Posts: 3 | Location: Chair in front of computer | Registered: August 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
John "Jax" Jackman

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ok. and actually from perusing around this site I found a link which had another link which will eventually get me all the signatures I need.

....of course, I still have plenty of sketches which (for some crazy reason I have yet to figure out) the artist did not indicate who they are in any way shape or form. So stay tuned to tell me when you recognize some of my artist sketch cards.

and feel free to save me searching those signature catalogues and just tell me who that Hawkeye was done by too. ;o)

Posts: 3 | Location: Chair in front of computer | Registered: August 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
wow. You are fast. Thank you very much!

Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
Can anyone ID this artist and the xmen character please?

Many thanks

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure that is Jeremy Treece. As for the character I might go with Storm.

Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the artist. I initially thought Storm myself, but it looks like a different type of uniform than others I have seen her in. But the eyes and hair look right!

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar69:
Thanks for the artist. I initially thought Storm myself, but it looks like a different type of uniform than others I have seen her in. But the eyes and hair look right!
Yeah...not a traditional X-Men uniform. Normally that big x is like a belt buckle. I think he took artistic freedom because you couldn't see it if he didn't put it there. But to me it signifies that it is an X-Men team member. Because of the eyes and hair that would then point to Storm.

You could probably ask him to be sure...http://jeremytreece.com/

Picture of Apex_Ninja
posted Hide Post
I believe it's his impression of this Storm:

Posts: 133 | Location: NL | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Gaming cards I know but many of you are very knowledgablw in this area. Can you tell me anything at all about this set? My only guess is that they are circa late 80's and that they are "adult themes" category (what a euphemism for rudey cards!!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Xxxenophile, 1996. Here's a brief description.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeff, you seem awfully knowledgeable about these cards!! Is there anything that you'd like to share with us? We can be very broad minded!! (no pun intended). Roll Eyes
Anyway, thanks for your help. As always you are an absolute mine of information

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping you guys will be able to help over the next few weeks. I'm trying to sort through my sketches from the Breygent 2010 release of Sci-fi Movies and have lots of sketches where there is no signature or I can't make out who the signer is.

I'm going through them now sorting the ones I know and making a pile of ones with queries (have around 300 to sort).

Thanking those in advance who will help me. Get back soon with scans.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This only should be easy to identify as have signature;

[URL= ]Sketch 1[/URL]

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'll have a guess at Tony Miello.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post