Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank You

I presume that the the reason why the TV and Toy Museum promo card is not in PCE is its discovery post 2008?

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This card is from the 1996 MARVEL COMICS SUPER HEROES MAGNETS set (50 magnets)

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I have some other cards I cannot place and hopefully someone on CardTalk can. The scans are as follows:-

This card is one of those cards with a blank black magnetic back and has the number 006, Black Cat and Marvel Comics in Gold on the front which is metallic. I have no idea what set or series it applies to.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Can anyone please give me more information on any of these cards.

thanks and regards

John

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Thank You

I presume that the the reason why the TV and Toy Museum promo card is not in PCE is its discovery post 2008?

regards

John

Correct!

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bond:
This card is from the 1996 MARVEL COMICS SUPER HEROES MAGNETS set (50 magnets)

Bond

many thanks

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon

I have some more cards I need some help in identifying.

The first card is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer card promoting the X-Box version as well as giving details of entering a contest to win various goodies. There appears to be no definite issuers name although the competition address is Texas, The smallprint does state that employees of EA and Donruss cannot enter. The card is standard size with images below.

Front

Back

The next card is a card featuring art by Joe Jusko dated '85 and has a plain back. Does anyone know what is and when was it issued. Again it is standard size.

The next card is I think a business card but could it be classed as Gumby Fan Club card?

The last card I think is a business card

Many thanks in advance for any assistance given.

regards

John

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
The Jusko one is from the Keepsake Collection "Conan The Beast and the Barbarian".

The Toon Stations are business card.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
John,
Richard Feltoon, who's Ebay moniker is opportoonity is known for his specific connection to Gumby and the Grinch Who Stole Christmas cards from the early 2000s. He either manufactured these sets or had a special connection to those who did because he's had very limited exclusive cards from those franchises for sale over the years. These are some of his business cards.

I hope that helps. How about joining our ZOOM meeting tonight?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you both, gentleman

regards

John

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to review my sketch card collection and there are many cards I don't know who the artist is. Here's a Star Wars Rogue One card:
If you know who did it, please let me know.
https://photos.google.com/albu...d51QBQPKxD2MSIZ_0PxC

Posts: 2 | Location: PA | Registered: March 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John,

I think that Buffy Xbox card was a show giveaway - not certain. There was at least one other Buffy contest card that was a show giveaway. It was a larger card.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jess

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Morning

I have another card where I do not know much about its origins. The card appears to be a money off coupon for a PlayStation game when purchasing it from Toys R Us. It is a UK issue probably in Hula Hoop packs and gives an address for KP Foods in Leicester. It has a date of validity that expired 29th August 1998 and judging by prices correct date was issued after 9th September 1997. It ids not numbered and I have no idea if it was a one off or part of a larger series.

Here is the image:-

front

back

Any information would be welcome and many thanks in advance.

regards

John

Picture of Matthe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shtuffguy:
I'm starting to review my sketch card collection and there are many cards I don't know who the artist is. Here's a Star Wars Rogue One card:
If you know who did it, please let me know.
https://photos.google.com/albu...d51QBQPKxD2MSIZ_0PxC

The link does not work.

Posts: 16 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have two cards which are clearly from a Boeing set but which one? They have a copyright/issuer date of 1999 BDA and are numbered 10 and 13.
The images are below:-

Front of No 10

Back of No 10

Front of No 13

Back of No 13

Any help and assistance would be appreciated.

regards

John

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2 | Location: PA | Registered: March 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Evening

I have three cards that state "Inside Comics" which maybe something to do with Image Comics but that is sheer guesswork on my part. The cards feature three artists Rob Liefeld, Todd McFarlane and Jim Lee. They are limited editions of 50,000 and my three all have the same No 4058. Can anyone confirm where they come from or give any information. The three images are as below:-

Rob Front

Rob Back

Todd Front

Todd Back

Jim Front

Jim Back

Many thanks in advance for any help given.

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have two cards marked P1 and P2 whose backs show Lethal Strike in a diagonal pattern and the following text in very small print "Lethal Strike and all elements trade marked and copyright 1997 Everette Hartsoe plus a few patent numbers. No set issuer is shown. Following research on the internet I discovered that the two images shown on the front of the cards appear on cards listed in Allender's checklist of Lethal Strike by Krome Productions as Photochrome Cards Photo 1 and Photo 2 artist Jack Hammer however the backs on these cards don't match the two I have. Equally the promo cards that appear in Allender's listing have descriptions that also don't match. Could they be any of the cards issued under the "Razor" name as shown in page 118 of PCE 2008? Is anyone able to help. My assumption is that they are promo cards issued by Everette Hartsoe and printed by Krome intentionally without the issuer being named.

P1 Front

P2 Front

P1 Back

regards and many thanks

John Levitt

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Those are part of the parallel sticker stick from LETHAL STRYKE 1977.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cardaddict

Many thanks

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Boeing cards are difficult to research. No one at the company has put together a list of all the promos and products. Rod Motonaga was an expert on Boeing cards. He worked there before he became a card dealer but I'm afraid he passed away a few years ago. He wasn't just knowledgeable. He was good guy.

Another airplane card expert I knew, Dick Dahlquist, is no longer with us as well. He had a general knowledge of cards going back to at least the 50's. You can try emailing someone at Skytamer:

https://www.skytamer.com/3.1.htm

Jess

As for your Inside Comics cards, over the years, I have seen those for sale only twice and I was too slow to buy them both times. I think they were show promos somewhere.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post