Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Ooh I know this one!! The top sketch is Selene, the Black Queen Smile http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/blackqueen.htm

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all..I can't figure out who did this sketch from Batman Archives??
Anyone have an idea? Thanks, hope everyone has a great weekend!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DaveSB,

Posts: 20 | Location: Chula Vista, California | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
I'd very much like to know the identity of the artist of this unsigned DC legacy Sketch card.
Any ideas?

Robert Kohlbus has informed me that the Artist was EDDIE WAGNER.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First one should be Cully Hamner and third one Eric Basaldua. The second one's sig is familiar but I'm drawing a blank ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. I guess i'll keep looking for that second one. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by allender:
First one should be Cully Hamner and third one Eric Basaldua. The second one's sig is familiar but I'm drawing a blank ...

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Alex
I think the third one featuring Witchblade is actually by Beth Solo (can't remember what she used to do for Witchblade). I have one of her cards from Witchblade and several by Eric Basaldua for both Witchblade & Lady Death. With his signature you can usally read EBas then a cursive line.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
Awesome, Thanks alot. Thumb Up

quote:
Originally posted by comicbookfan:
Alex
I think the third one featuring Witchblade is actually by Beth Solo (can't remember what she used to do for Witchblade). I have one of her cards from Witchblade and several by Eric Basaldua for both Witchblade & Lady Death. With his signature you can usally read EBas then a cursive line.

Picture of Apex_Ninja
posted Hide Post
I think the second sketch is by Jose Villarubia.
The initials look like a J-V and he only did 300 sketches for this series.

And I believe her name is Beth Sotelo (for the third one).

Posts: 133 | Location: NL | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think you all might be (are probably) right. Several ebay auctions ID'd the sig on #3 as Basaldua, but that was probably because the incomplete sketchers list had him as the only one who did 250. I haven't seen a Sotelo sig elsewhere that matches the 'solo' theme, but it makes a lot of sense. I didn't know she had drawn for this set, but she did contribute to the Witchblade 'zine.

Villarrubia should be right for the Crimson. I got as far a remembering the sig as a "V" guy but I couldn't find other examples to confirm. But I'm pretty sure the sig was confirmed back when there were more of them up for auction. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am trying to find a photo checklist of the Davy Crockett Orange Set. Can anyone help me?

Posts: 35 | Location: Stoughton, MA, USA | Registered: July 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
Folks, I have one more card for identification. I scanned both the back and the front.

Front

Back

Any help will be great and if any one knows what something like this is going for please let me know as well
Thanks everyone.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
WOW I have 2 of those cards. one, like yours, with the black writing on the front (serial #1049). and one without
Interestingly the one without the writing on (serial#01903)also came in a box with this coa card

These were produced in 1996 by Skybox/scoreboard.
I have 2 other gold cards from the same set. A U.S.S. Enterprise NCC 1701-D and a Jean Luc picard. These also come boxed with a coa card.
I do not know how many were in the set although the boxes do state that the cards were Limited (!) to 10,000 numbered cards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for that info. Thumb Up

quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
WOW I have 2 of those cards. one, like yours, with the black writing on the front (serial #1049). and one without
Interestingly the one without the writing on (serial#01903)also came in a box with this coa card

These were produced in 1996 by Skybox/scoreboard.
I have 2 other gold cards from the same set. A U.S.S. Enterprise NCC 1701-D and a Jean Luc picard. These also come boxed with a coa card.
I do not know how many were in the set although the boxes do state that the cards were Limited (!) to 10,000 numbered cards.

posted Hide Post
I know this is from 2001 Marvel Legends and it is a sketch card of Ron Perlin, but I was wondering if anyone knew who the sketch was of? I don't think that is actually Captain America. Thanks

Posts: 12 | Location: Springfield, OR | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi i43770 ,

the character is "Bucky Barnes" Captain America's World War II sidekick ,

he's also known as the "Winter Soldier" and now the New Captain America

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
hi i43770 ,

the character is "Bucky Barnes" Captain America's World War II sidekick ,

he's also known as the "Winter Soldier" and now the New Captain America

Thank you

Posts: 12 | Location: Springfield, OR | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sin_baad
posted Hide Post
Found these at the flea Market

American Gun Collection - Historicard 1993
90 cards in set
subset CC1 thru CC9

Cant find any info on the web or in Enc of Non-Sport & entertainment Trading cards

Does anyone have any info on these please?
Is this the full set? any promos?

My email Sin_baad@yahoo.com

Here is a scan of first card

Posts: 256 | Location: USA | Registered: May 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sin_baad
posted Hide Post
Found these at Flea Market Also

4 cards numbers 1 of 4 thru 4 of 4
Planet of the Apes, Blockbuster, Coke and Fox
Right hand side perforation
Say on DVD/Video

Looking for Info
Are these part of a set (like promos)
Are they a set themselves?
Who made them and when?

Email Sin_baad@yahoo.com
THANKs!

Scan of Front & back of one card

Posts: 256 | Location: USA | Registered: May 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sin_baad:
Found these at the flea Market

American Gun Collection - Historicard 1993
90 cards in set
subset CC1 thru CC9

Cant find any info on the web or in Enc of Non-Sport & entertainment Trading cards

Does anyone have any info on these please?
Is this the full set? any promos?

I found it listed in the guide from a now-defunct magazine that couldn't compete with NSU. Wink

"American Gun Collection - Historicard (1992) .. Complete set (99) .. 20.00 ... Single Cards .. .20 "

No promos listed, and it seems yours is the full set. Assuming they were right about the year of issue and it wasn't re-issued.