Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was a good theory, though. The light reflections that match Adam's must mean the other artist worked from the same still or film frame.

I can't see any good matches in media and style, but the fact the sketch isn't signed could mean it was intended as a rough, and there might not be a match with the medium used for cards that were "final." It could even be a sample from an artist who didn't end up in the final list, and Topps was temporarily confused. That would make it a jen-yew-wine 1/1. Big Grin

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post

Any idea who the character is?
Reaper after a battle has been suggested. Anyone know for sure? The artist is Ray Dillon.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Star Wars Episode I, Wide Vision.
I have a couple oversized chrome Star Wars cards that are numbered 3 of 5 and 4 of 5. I think they are promos but am not sure. They are bigger than the regular WideVision cards and measure about 7" x 3.5". I looked for them in NSU but could not find them listed. Any one know what or where these are listed?
Thanks, Ace

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They are not promos. I think they came in the tins, packed one per tin with some packs.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
Now where can I find a listing for them?
Anyone got the new card guide?
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ace
The cards are listed under Star Wars The Phantom Menace and show a value of $10 each

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
At first I thought they were the oversized cards from the earlier widevision sets, but those were series of 6. Looks like everybody was correct; Star Wars 1 The Phantom Menace had one of theses per factory tin, together with seven unopened packs. The options included:

1 of 5 Anakin Skywalker
2 of 5 Darth Maul
3 of 5 Obi-Wan Kenobi
4 of 5 Queen Amidala
5 of 5 Qui-Gon

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for your help. I have an extra that I will try to trade for one I don't.
Ace

Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
I have a wide vision size card, Hersheys Trading cards #S1 WOOD CARD "Gone Fishing" by Zina Saunders,dart flipcards 1995.

Is this card from the 3 wood set or the send away card ltd to 3000?Thanks for your help.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The widevision size S1 Wood Card is the send-away card. The same card was also available signed by Zina Saunders at a rate of 1 per case and limited to 500.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Greg,it is an odd card with the wood finish on the front,regards Wayne.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
HI... New here to the forums. I just purchased an original sketch from Kevin Sembia on ebay of topps card art he did in the 80's unfortunately he has no idea what set it isfrom much less waht card the art might be from or wrapper/box. So just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Posts: 4 | Location: Chariton, Iowa | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
woops I really messed up the spelling on his name its Kevin Siembieda. From 1981 till about 1985, he was a professional, freelance artist. One of his jobs was doing art for bubble gum card packs. As he recalls, this was for Topps.

hope this helps to narrow the field just abit.

Posts: 4 | Location: Chariton, Iowa | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I pulled the sketch below (if I connected the image file correctly) from the Marvel Masterpieces 2007 set, can anyone help me identify the artist.

Thanks

[IMG]j:\sketch 2.jpg[/IMG]

ok, did not post the image file that I wanted, how do I attach the jpg file?

Posts: 3 | Location: Toronto | Registered: December 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
you either upload the pic to a webspace and build the link or you use a service like http://www.image-share.net/

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by napthyme:
HI... New here to the forums. I just purchased an original sketch from Kevin Sembia on ebay of topps card art he did in the 80's unfortunately he has no idea what set it isfrom much less waht card the art might be from or wrapper/box. So just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Looks like a early 80's GI JOE sketch. I think they made Joe cards in the early 80's.

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nat
posted Hide Post
Hi, I have these Thunderbirds (movie) cards and I have no idea where they came from (toys? food?) or how many are in the set. I checked Jeff Allender's site but couldn't find them listed. The back of them have a line of Japanese writing, and the word Morinaga, so I'd say they're from Japan. The first two cards are movable images, the rest are kind of see-through in between the pictures. Anyway, scans are below - would love if someone had any info to offer. Thanks Smile

link to image

Posts: 169 | Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of setbuilders
posted Hide Post
Would anyone happen to know who drew these sketches? I believe the first one might be Noah Albrecht but not positive. Can't read the signature of the other sketch. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 12 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked these up in trade at a show, I thought they were cool, but have no idea who the sketches are of. Anyone know? Also, are the artists; Min Ku (that was I can see without a problem) and Thomas Perkins?

I think the Ku is Bane, but not sure.

Posts: 12 | Location: Springfield, OR | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Setbuilder: The first signature looks like Katie Cook.

i43770: The first sketch looks like Firefly and the second one is Banes arm.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post