Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
MarleyEds has posted a very nice and compact Signature Identification Chart for Masterpieces, and it's quite useful for deciphering the sigs of artists who supported other card sets too. Thumb Up

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
MarleyEds has posted a very nice and compact Signature Identification Chart for Masterpieces, and it's quite useful for deciphering the sigs of artists who supported other card sets too. Thumb Up

Yeah, I found it after the question was answered. I knew I'd seen it before, but it's not linked on the main Masterpieces page.

Funny thing, I just looked at another sketch I picked up in a trade. Another Matthew Goodmanson sketch... Odd that.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Didn't knew that section of that website. Handy for my card.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Apex_Ninja
posted Hide Post
Those are sportcards (Formula 1), but I was hoping that someone can give me more information about these cards.

Here's the link:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums?a=tpc&f=958604453&m=4371074622

Posts: 133 | Location: NL | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
I've also got a lot of them and I also can't figure out what they are or from which series. So if anyone can help.

Please.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btlfan
posted Hide Post
I have an Olivia card that looks pretty much like a promo but Todd doesn't list it and there is no mention of it in either Jeff's lists or NSU. It is a silver holo of a zebra woman and it was printed in 1994 by 21st Cent Archives. That predates the Comic Images franchise of Olivia but I am sure there never was a set. Any clues???? If needs be I can attach a pic.

Posts: 54 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfan:
I have an Olivia card that looks pretty much like a promo but Todd doesn't list it and there is no mention of it in either Jeff's lists or NSU. It is a silver holo of a zebra woman and it was printed in 1994 by 21st Cent Archives. That predates the Comic Images franchise of Olivia but I am sure there never was a set. Any clues???? If needs be I can attach a pic.

I found this in a web-search through "long-closed auction debris" ...

quote:
Olivia De Berardinis Limited Edition-Sealed

Here is a Very Hard to Find Item that was put out in 1994 by 21st Century Archives.

This is:
OLIVIA and features a Limited Edition 3 Card Hologram Set that Comes Shrink-Wrapped with a Numbered C.O.A. right inside of the Packaging (the one in the Pictures is our Set, your Set will be Still Shrink-Wrapped and Unopened).

The 3 Holograms are: (1)ZEBRA LADY (2)SLOW, SLOW BURN (3) ZEBRA LADY II.

This is a Wonderful Limited Set and if you Love OLIVIA'S Artwork, this is a Must Have Item!!!

It also looks like this was the first of two. I found a current auction with this description:

quote:
21st Century Archives Olivia 3 Peice Hologram Card Set

Limited Editon Series II Silver Hologram Set
Puss N Boots, Genie, And The Eyes Have It

Hmm, 3-card sets are my minimum for posting lists ... Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btlfan
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeff
I nominate you as the first HHTFCD (Honorary Hard To Find Card detective)Thank you for your as always informed comment. Now I don't suppose you have the other two I now need (dammit) locked away in your subterranean card vaults do you??

Posts: 54 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfan:
Hey Jeff
I nominate you as the first HHTFCD (Honorary Hard To Find Card detective)Thank you for your as always informed comment. Now I don't suppose you have the other two I now need (dammit) locked away in your subterranean card vaults do you??

Thanks for the endorsement. Wink Actually, I've learned a few stupid-internet-tricks because I get so many questions.

I've never seen these cards close up, but one of the "auction debris" items I found was from a Kiwi auction site. Maybe you are even familiar with the seller:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/Trading-cards/Other/auction-86784363.htm

Sometimes cards like this show up in unexpected places and you can get a bargain, but I'd bet they will appear in other auction sites sooner or later. The only set-of-3 I see that's current on eBay ships only to the U.S., but if you "hit a wall" on tracking it down, one or more of us can help. Thumb Up

Picture of Marquis
posted Hide Post
I received a pic from a-team trading cards from a dealer- somebody knows them ? I only know the cards from Topps, but they are hold in blue and this cards are hold in red. 3 cards in pack, published also in 1983- sorry no better picture ;-(:

Posts: 33 | Location: Germany | Registered: November 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Marquis, I haven't seen the cards, but the wrapper matches a picture for the Monty Gum (Holland) series. Here's a picture in an expired auction.

Paul Hart's Gum Guide says that there were four Monty A-Team series of 100 cards each, numbering from 1-400. I don't know anything more, except Monty cards were usually a bit smaller than the "usual" trading card size, a bit more than 3" x 2". I assume that your image is for the first series since it doesn't show any other number. ...

Picture of Marquis
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for this info ! Somebody knows the worth of a pack/ a set or a box ?

Posts: 33 | Location: Germany | Registered: November 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's tough enough trying to find out what people are _trying_ to sell them for, and even more difficult finding out whether they were successful! The trouble is knowing whether there are lots of people who would be interested, when many of them might not know that the series exist, and they aren't looking for it. That's often true for a lot of sets that were marketed only in Europe.

I found another reference that said this series was published in 1981, which can't possibly be right. I think.

From several references for Monty card sets from about the same time, the "value" would be about €20-45. That auction for an unopened box went for US$100, which might put an "auction minimum" for a set of 100 near the lower end of the range and a "dealer asking price" near the higher end.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello all. Trying to figure out who the artist is. I assumed its Adam Hughes since it's very similar to the other Darths that he did, but I've been told its not him. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Location: Glendale, CA | Registered: August 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I have a sneaking suspicion that you were right all along. The biggest datum against Hughes is that Keith's website is supposed to have all of his submitted sketches posted.

Kayanan, Sohn, and Staggs all sketched variations of this theme, but Hughes is the only one who showed Vader in extreme right profile.

But I swear your sketch looks like it's a variation on the sketch Keith numbered darthvader02, somewhere between that one and darthvader10. It matches darthvader02 in angle, face details, and the heart-shaped and other reflections. And everybody else who pictured Vader in the battle scene with the lighted patches behind made the edges sharper while Hughes was more impressionistic.

Of course artists have been known to embrace different styles, and the reflections could have come from a screen shot that somebody else tried to match. But my gut says this might be a Hughes "rough" sketch that snuck into the package, and that's why it isn't signed. Maybe we could ask him. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Hi, I picked up this card recently can someone tell me what set this is from.
I is an inkworks card dated 2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Roswell Season 1 Alien Orb Chase Card. There were two: O1 and O2.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It's from Roswell - Alien Orb Card 2 part chase set (One in every 2 boxes)

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hammer & Collectress.

Roswell is not a set I collected, never saw the TV show either. It was just a card that caught my eye as being both unusual and attractive.

This is card 02 BTW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Well, I have a sneaking suspicion that you were right all along. The biggest datum against Hughes is that Keith's website is supposed to have all of his submitted sketches posted.

Kayanan, Sohn, and Staggs all sketched variations of this theme, but Hughes is the only one who showed Vader in extreme right profile.

But I swear your sketch looks like it's a variation on the sketch Keith numbered darthvader02, somewhere between that one and darthvader10. It matches darthvader02 in angle, face details, and the heart-shaped and other reflections. And everybody else who pictured Vader in the battle scene with the lighted patches behind made the edges sharper while Hughes was more impressionistic.

Of course artists have been known to embrace different styles, and the reflections could have come from a screen shot that somebody else tried to match. But my gut says this might be a Hughes "rough" sketch that snuck into the package, and that's why it isn't signed. Maybe we could ask him. Wink

Adam has been asked about this card and it's NOT one of his. Allison Sohn has been asked (she scanned & packaged up all he did along with her own) and she also says it's not his.

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post