Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I'll have a guess at Tony Miello.

That's what I thought but the examples I've seen of his signature don't seem to match.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I take it you have done what I did and checked the artist list on the Breygent website.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I take it you have done what I did and checked the artist list on the Breygent website.

I got the artist list off Tom when the set was released.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ITS NOT HELP YOU NEED ITS THERAPY ?
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I'm hoping you guys will be able to help over the next few weeks. I'm trying to sort through my sketches from the Breygent 2010 release of Sci-fi Movies and have lots of sketches where there is no signature or I can't make out who the signer is.

I'm going through them now sorting the ones I know and making a pile of ones with queries (have around 300 to sort).

Thanking those in advance who will help me. Get back soon with scans.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
Hey Jeff, you seem awfully knowledgeable about these cards!! Is there anything that you'd like to share with us?

Gee golly, you posted a pic of a card with a fairly unique title, and I merely Googled it. Just think of where we'd be without the internet. ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Next one to identify if someone can help;

[URL= ]

It has no signature but this is an Artists Proof (has sticker on the back of card).

posted Hide Post
I bought a box of mars attacks at the NEC
it had two sketchs a repka (green stamped) but I also got a black and white sketch with the name Johnson no first name and there are no Johnson named on jeff allenders sketch list .any one help.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My dad purchased this at a card convention years back, we have no idea what it is. Has anyone ever seen it before?

Posts: 4 | Location: nj | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Is this a printing plate? I seem to remember seeing something like this advertised in the latest NSU auction...

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:
Is this a printing plate? I seem to remember seeing something like this advertised in the latest NSU auction...

Yes it seems to be a printing plate. I've seen a bunch of plates with newer cards, but i've never seen anything that has to do with the 62 mars attacks cards.

Posts: 4 | Location: nj | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There was that Topps authorized reprint set from Renata Galasso (spelling?) in 1984 and I think that was the original 55 cards plus a 56th card which showed the famous original wrapper. Pretty cool card because I think to this day, it's the only time the wrapper has been featured as a card. Perhaps this was one of the printing plates used to print that wrapper card.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
There was that Topps authorized reprint set from Renata Galasso (spelling?) in 1984 and I think that was the original 55 cards plus a 56th card which showed the famous original wrapper. Pretty cool card because I think to this day, it's the only time the wrapper has been featured as a card. Perhaps this was one of the printing plates used to print that wrapper card.

I reached out to Fred Walstrom. He is the biggest contributor to the Mars Attacks 50th Anniversary book By Abrams Publications, that came out in 2012. And he had this to say:

Yeah that looks like a printing plate but not from the original issue of 1962. This one might be from the Renata Galasso product in 1984 but it is hard to be sure (they had a card that looked just like that but not at an angle). It might even be from a newer issue.

Please be sure to check out the upcoming Robert Edward Spring auction where a huge number of super rare artifacts of mine will be sold. Some original 1962 printing plates as well as test Attack From Space items and too many more to mention.

Good luck identifying your plate.

So it's still a bit of a mystery...

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Can anyone help me identify these characters?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The Bottom card in Kang the Conqueror. The upper card could be a celestial or an Eternal .

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I believe that the first character is Tana Nile, an alien observer type character IIRC.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you, gentlemen!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
can anyone tell me who the artist is?

I think it's Tom Kelly. Thanks.
http://i49.photobucket.com/alb...y/sw_zps8417416f.jpg

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me what James Bond set this was from? There are so many. Thanks.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think it was in the Heroes & Villians.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wolfie! Metal