Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
I did a google search and a eBay search but got no results for this brand of gum.
Would be nice to sse a picture of all 36.

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone Know what these are ?
Arcade Cards ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those Spider Man 3 cards came in specially marked copies of the DVD, released whenever the DVD of the movie came out (2007 or 2008)

I know, as I have the DVD and they were inside

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Anyone recognize the artist for Mr. Fantastic? (second row far right)

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:

looks like Irma Ahmed

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Those Spider Man 3 cards came in specially marked copies of the DVD, released whenever the DVD of the movie came out (2007 or 2008)

I know, as I have the DVD and they were inside
Thank you...I had forgotten about those.

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:

looks like Irma Ahmed
Thank you...that is correct...weird signature that looked like Tim was throwing me.

Picture of MRNONSPORT
posted Hide Post
Anyone knows if this Nintendo Bubble Gum Sticker with Tip is a Test Issue. I cannot find anything when I Google it. The wrapper has a 1989 copyright Nintendo of America Inc. They remind me of the Simpsons ones they did back in the early 2000's. The wrapper is around the size of a bazooka wrapper. I cannot find in any guides or reference books. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 40 | Location: PA | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CryptozoicTCFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRNONSPORT:
Anyone knows if this Nintendo Bubble Gum Sticker with Tip is a Test Issue. I cannot find anything when I Google it. The wrapper has a 1989 copyright Nintendo of America Inc. They remind me of the Simpsons ones they did back in the early 2000's. The wrapper is around the size of a bazooka wrapper. I cannot find in any guides or reference books. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

This could possibly where the gum came from...
These Nintendo Tattoos and with Bubble Gum were made in 1989 by Topps (the trading card people) and each pack contains 1 sheet of 14 tattoos and 1 stick of bubble gum.

Here is the link to my source: http://candyaddict.com/blog/co...t-of-nintendo-candy/

Posts: 27 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CryptozoicTCFan
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also found this, NINTENDO GAME PACK W/STICKERS - TOPPS 1989

http://www.wonderleague.bigcar...game-pack-w-stickers

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=5135250

Posts: 27 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need some help identifying the artist:

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone knows if this Nintendo Bubble Gum Sticker with Tip is a Test Issue. I cannot find anything when I Google it. The wrapper has a 1989 copyright Nintendo of America Inc. ...

quote:
Originally posted by CryptozoicTCFan:
I also found this, NINTENDO GAME PACK W/STICKERS - TOPPS 1989

The Game Packs are different from the Stickers-with-Tips. They have 60 scratch-off cards with screen shots from 6 games and also have 33 Sticker/Game Tip sticker-cards, but the sticker portion is card-sized, not the narrow strips like the ones you have.

The Game Packs and the Tattoos had a huge print run. The sticker-only series might have been a test run, or it might have been just a limited version made for one sales outlet, or for a non-U.S. market. But sometimes sticker-only sets aren't tracked in the card guides anyway. I can't see any hints of these stickers anywhere but your auctions ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
This isn't a card I need identified, but a box of cards. I was going through one of my Artbox goodie bags from last year and inside was a box that I can't find any information of. It's a very nice, well constructed solid black box that just says "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" in large copper foil letters. The box is fairly light and rattles when I shake it so it doesn't seem like cards. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I think it may be this:

I'm looking to see if I can find a picture of the closed box to confirm.

Edited to add: Oh, lovely. There's evidently several of these printing plate sets and no way to determine what it is without opening it.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi
Think the potter ones are printing plates
With a original card from the base set.
Hope this helps
Paul

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
You are correct Bob, it's a printing plate set and you won't know for which card without opening it. They range from the base cards to all the foil insert cards and apparently based on your pic, the retail foil inserts too!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's not card 82, I have that one. That narrows it down. Cool

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I had one, too. It was a Death Eater Foil insert, I believe R1, so from the same foil set as your sample picture was. I think the plate sets were issued for the memorabilia and prop cards, too.

The rattle you're hearing are the 8 metal plates that fit loosely in UltraPro plastic holders that are a too big for them. There are actually two plates in each of the four holders, a plate for the front and reverse side in all four printing plate colors. Also, there is the regular base or foil card as in your picture next to the metal plate and the lid falls off of that very eaily. So basically, the front cover of that holder which is glued down next to the plaque has likely fallen off and your "finished" card could be bouncing around in there. The upside is that even if it has been damaged, it is a regular card and can easily be replaced if needed.

I saw several of these sets for base cards sell around the same time as mine (nearly a year ago) for between $70 to $100, however one that featured a base card showing only Hermione sold for around $250, so good luck in that way. But whatever card your set is of, it'll be great looking. Despite the packaging design flaws, it really is an amazing set.

Maybe your set holds the Title Card #1 or one of the "character" cards that usually take up the #2 through #12 slots (or thereabouts) in the Artbox Harry Potter sets. Clearly, the one of Harry or Hermione would be good!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
It's not card 82, I have that one. That narrows it down. Cool

I went ahead and opened it up and it turns out it's actually card #80, so very close!

-Bob-

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can anyone identify the artist in this 'Night of the Living Dead' sketch ?

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post