Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Identi-Card Thread

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6031058312

November 12, 2008, 12:19 PM
Over_Worked_Mom
Identi-Card Thread
Ooh I know this one!! The top sketch is Selene, the Black Queen Smile http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/blackqueen.htm
November 21, 2008, 09:21 PM
Poohbear
Hi all..I can't figure out who did this sketch from Batman Archives??
Anyone have an idea? Thanks, hope everyone has a great weekend!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DaveSB,
December 20, 2008, 07:01 AM
Boldlygone
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
I'd very much like to know the identity of the artist of this unsigned DC legacy Sketch card.
Any ideas?

Robert Kohlbus has informed me that the Artist was EDDIE WAGNER.
December 25, 2008, 01:22 PM
Alex
Trying to find the artist for this cards, any help would be great. Thanks

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img009fq6.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img015rt4.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img034xi9.jpg
December 26, 2008, 10:38 AM
allender
First one should be Cully Hamner and third one Eric Basaldua. The second one's sig is familiar but I'm drawing a blank ...
December 26, 2008, 01:48 PM
Alex
Thank you so much. I guess i'll keep looking for that second one. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by allender:
First one should be Cully Hamner and third one Eric Basaldua. The second one's sig is familiar but I'm drawing a blank ...

December 26, 2008, 03:06 PM
comicbookfan
Alex
I think the third one featuring Witchblade is actually by Beth Solo (can't remember what she used to do for Witchblade). I have one of her cards from Witchblade and several by Eric Basaldua for both Witchblade & Lady Death. With his signature you can usally read EBas then a cursive line.

December 26, 2008, 10:20 PM
Alex
Awesome, Thanks alot. Thumb Up

quote:
Originally posted by comicbookfan:
Alex
I think the third one featuring Witchblade is actually by Beth Solo (can't remember what she used to do for Witchblade). I have one of her cards from Witchblade and several by Eric Basaldua for both Witchblade & Lady Death. With his signature you can usally read EBas then a cursive line.

December 27, 2008, 06:36 AM
Apex_Ninja
I think the second sketch is by Jose Villarubia.
The initials look like a J-V and he only did 300 sketches for this series.

And I believe her name is Beth Sotelo (for the third one).
December 27, 2008, 10:01 AM
allender
I think you all might be (are probably) right. Several ebay auctions ID'd the sig on #3 as Basaldua, but that was probably because the incomplete sketchers list had him as the only one who did 250. I haven't seen a Sotelo sig elsewhere that matches the 'solo' theme, but it makes a lot of sense. I didn't know she had drawn for this set, but she did contribute to the Witchblade 'zine.

Villarrubia should be right for the Crimson. I got as far a remembering the sig as a "V" guy but I couldn't find other examples to confirm. But I'm pretty sure the sig was confirmed back when there were more of them up for auction. Roll Eyes
December 31, 2008, 08:48 AM
promo-2000
I am trying to find a photo checklist of the Davy Crockett Orange Set. Can anyone help me?
January 13, 2009, 09:21 AM
Alex
Folks, I have one more card for identification. I scanned both the back and the front.

Front

Back

Any help will be great and if any one knows what something like this is going for please let me know as well
Thanks everyone.
January 13, 2009, 10:28 AM
Boldlygone
WOW I have 2 of those cards. one, like yours, with the black writing on the front (serial #1049). and one without
Interestingly the one without the writing on (serial#01903)also came in a box with this coa card

These were produced in 1996 by Skybox/scoreboard.
I have 2 other gold cards from the same set. A U.S.S. Enterprise NCC 1701-D and a Jean Luc picard. These also come boxed with a coa card.
I do not know how many were in the set although the boxes do state that the cards were Limited (!) to 10,000 numbered cards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender
January 13, 2009, 12:15 PM
Alex
Thank you so much for that info. Thumb Up

quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
WOW I have 2 of those cards. one, like yours, with the black writing on the front (serial #1049). and one without
Interestingly the one without the writing on (serial#01903)also came in a box with this coa card

These were produced in 1996 by Skybox/scoreboard.
I have 2 other gold cards from the same set. A U.S.S. Enterprise NCC 1701-D and a Jean Luc picard. These also come boxed with a coa card.
I do not know how many were in the set although the boxes do state that the cards were Limited (!) to 10,000 numbered cards.

February 02, 2009, 11:28 AM
i43770
I know this is from 2001 Marvel Legends and it is a sketch card of Ron Perlin, but I was wondering if anyone knew who the sketch was of? I don't think that is actually Captain America. Thanks

February 02, 2009, 11:34 AM
kevin LePore
hi i43770 ,

the character is "Bucky Barnes" Captain America's World War II sidekick ,

he's also known as the "Winter Soldier" and now the New Captain America

February 02, 2009, 11:58 AM
i43770
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
hi i43770 ,

the character is "Bucky Barnes" Captain America's World War II sidekick ,

he's also known as the "Winter Soldier" and now the New Captain America

Thank you
February 16, 2009, 04:09 PM
Sin_baad
Found these at the flea Market

American Gun Collection - Historicard 1993
90 cards in set
subset CC1 thru CC9

Cant find any info on the web or in Enc of Non-Sport & entertainment Trading cards

Does anyone have any info on these please?
Is this the full set? any promos?

My email Sin_baad@yahoo.com

Here is a scan of first card

February 16, 2009, 04:17 PM
Sin_baad
Found these at Flea Market Also

4 cards numbers 1 of 4 thru 4 of 4
Planet of the Apes, Blockbuster, Coke and Fox
Right hand side perforation
Say on DVD/Video

Looking for Info
Are these part of a set (like promos)
Are they a set themselves?
Who made them and when?

Email Sin_baad@yahoo.com
THANKs!

Scan of Front & back of one card

February 17, 2009, 08:31 PM
allender
quote:
Originally posted by Sin_baad:
Found these at the flea Market

American Gun Collection - Historicard 1993
90 cards in set
subset CC1 thru CC9

Cant find any info on the web or in Enc of Non-Sport & entertainment Trading cards

Does anyone have any info on these please?
Is this the full set? any promos?

I found it listed in the guide from a now-defunct magazine that couldn't compete with NSU. Wink

"American Gun Collection - Historicard (1992) .. Complete set (99) .. 20.00 ... Single Cards .. .20 "

No promos listed, and it seems yours is the full set. Assuming they were right about the year of issue and it wasn't re-issued.