Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Inkworks Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks Buffy the Vampire Slayer
 Login/Join

Picture of Dex1186
posted
Hi there, I am just wondering if anyone knows why Sarah Michelle Geller never signed for any series?Also did pretty much the whole cast sign for buffy but her?

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
All I know is that she repeatedly said no. Inkworks tried several times with her, from what I understand.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Seth Green never signed either, reportedly because he doesn't want people to profit from his signature.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
That's to bad. I understand the whole not wanting to profit from there signature, but there's fans out there who would really appreciated it.

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
If she was asked today I wonder what she'd say?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
If she was asked today I wonder what she'd say?

'No'

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
LoL I am gonna say she would probably lean to Yes, Seeing how her popularity has gone down. I can't even remember her last movie was.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Didn't she recently have that CW show "The Ringer" which was cancelled very quickly ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Didn't she recently have that CW show "The Ringer" which was cancelled very quickly ?

It garnered decent ratings for a CW show and lasted an entire season but didn't get a second season pick up. Apparently, she is currently involved in the development of a sitcom.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes Ringer got cancelled.
I did read the other day that SMG has be cast in a new series somewhere....

Hopefully it lasts longer than one season. Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
We should also remember that SMG was barely out of her teens when Buffy started and may have been advised by others (including her agent) to avoid having her signature out there in that way. Inkworks probably stopped asking her after the first couple of refusals.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
We should also remember that SMG was barely out of her teens when Buffy started and may have been advised by others (including her agent) to avoid having her signature out there in that way. Inkworks probably stopped asking her after the first couple of refusals.

I think you're being kind. Smile

Some celebrities see autograph signing as an invasion of their private lives. Personally I would be honored if anyone wanted my signature on anything other than a check. Big Grin

Maybe fan adoration gets old fast. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
People have different reasons for not signing. Sometimes it's unclear as to the reason why they won't do it

For instance, 4 of the 6 James Bond actors have signed for Rittenhouse sets (George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig)

Sean Connery has declined, possibly because he's 82 and probably can't be bothered at this point.

It's unclear as to why Timothy Dalton hasn't signed. He seems like a good sport and still does interviews about Bond and appears at Bond events. Who knows ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I don't know either why she didn't sign, it just a little sad that she didn't. The Buffy sets don't quite feel complete without her signature unfortunately.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sean Connery has declined,
It's unclear as to why Timothy Dalton hasn't signed.

I think Dalton will sign before long but Connery never will.

SMG refused to sign for Inkworks but maybe willing to work with a diffrent company.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
The way I see it the ones who won't sign for a set are a bit arrogant.

Regardless of whether or not anyone would profit from it, they should do it for the fans of said property.

Otherwise it is a slap in the face to their fans, IMHO.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
It's quite possible that the stars are willing to sign but the offer to do so never makes it past their business manager or agent. That is apparently why Jorge Garcia never signed for any of the Lost sets.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sean Connery has declined, possibly because he's 82 and probably can't be bothered at this point.

In a way, I'm almost glad that Connery hasn't / won't sign cards.

He'd sign a small number. They'd become 6-case incentives. They'd be in the hands of dealers, not collectors.

I'd rather have a gap in the collection than have an unattainable chase.

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dex1186:
Hi there, I am just wondering if anyone knows why Sarah Michelle Geller never signed for any series?Also did pretty much the whole cast sign for buffy but her?

all the credit stars signed except buffy and oz,inkworks first 4 seasons only had 21 auto cards,there were a lot of misses in the guest department,the last couple of seasons more or less had everyone worth mentioning,costume cards didn't start til season 6 either,although i now wonder (even though i can't think why i even liked the show),what a set done correctly would be like today

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
all the credit stars signed except buffy and oz,inkworks first 4 seasons only had 21 auto cards,there were a lot of misses in the guest department,the last couple of seasons more or less had everyone worth mentioning,costume cards didn't start til season 6 either,although i now wonder (even though i can't think why i even liked the show),what a set done correctly would be like today

Yes that would definitely be something to ponder, I would love some sort of Quotable chase set to be included for sure.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post