Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Never Signed Yet
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
I was just thinking about the certified autograph cards that I would like to add to my collection, if I had unlimited funds of course Big Grin , and realized that there were a lot out there. Between the ultra limited products, the sticker signatures, the large variety of TV and movie titles and even the mixed bags of an AG or Pop Century, even the biggest actors seem to have been included on some autograph checklist, at some time, even if minimally.

So my next question was, who hasn't been? What in-demand star has yet to appear on any certified autograph card? And I am counting cuts as official cards, so Sean Connery doesn't work anymore and Diana Rigg did get backdoored into the Avengers. I would also have to disqualify any deceased celebrities having passed away a few years ago, simply because they may not have had sufficient opportunity to be asked to sign.

Only two really big genre omissions come to mind to me. As far as I know, I have never heard of Jamie Lee Curtis having a certified autograph card. While Scarlett Johansson has stayed away from Marvel cards and everything else I think. To a lesser degree, Robbie Coltrane was a natural for Bond or Potter and would sign for neither one.

Care to add to the list of celebrity names that have a significant card hobby following, but are still without a licensed certified autograph card of any kind?

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if he has signed but I would like an Alan Alda autograph card. I would be happy with any from the M*A*S*H cast. The TV show is one of my all time favourites.

Posts: 26 | Location: Wales UK | Registered: January 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
A Timothy Dalton Bond would be on my list, I'd even have liked one for him from Penny Dreadful.

Zoe Wanamaker for Harry Potter, but she's been in lots of other things too, but it would have been nice to add to the 'teachers' collection.
The same for Immelda Staunton, an incredible actress too.

As far as I can tell none of those 3 have cards for anything.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
A Timothy Dalton Bond would be on my list, I'd even have liked one for him from Penny Dreadful.

Good one. and now that you brought it up, that first and only CZE set for Penny Dreadful suffered with the omission of its 2 other name stars, who also have never signed for any title. Josh Harnett and bigger hobby genre star Eva Green have been MIA all over.

It was a shame for CZE because that Penny Dreadful checklist had autographs from nearly all the other actors and some nicely done relic cards too along with Tarot cards for inserts, but without the 3 leads it just wasn't going to get the demand. The show ended early anyway, but the card set deserved better.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Three shows from the 1970s and 1980s that had roles for several guest stars every week:

Fantasy Island
Love Boat
Murder She Wrote.

Unfortunately, many of those guest stars have passed in the intervening years, but many still are around.

And I've been involved in magic and sleight of hand for nearly a quarter century, and would love to see a set based on "Penn & Teller's Fool Us." I've got a number of friends/acquaintances who have appeared on the show.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
A side note, I just started watching Fool Us the last two seasons, and I'd LOVE to see the other seasons, but they are not available on DVD! Can you stream them? Comcast is finally coming to my area!

BTW, I think the hostess on Fool Us has signed!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:

Good one. and now that you brought it up, that first and only CZE set for Penny Dreadful suffered with the omission of its 2 other name stars, who also have never signed for any title. Josh Harnett and bigger hobby genre star Eva Green have been MIA all over.

It was a shame for CZE because that Penny Dreadful checklist had autographs from nearly all the other actors and some nicely done relic cards too along with Tarot cards for inserts, but without the 3 leads it just wasn't going to get the demand. The show ended early anyway, but the card set deserved better.

I'm still surprised that Rittenhouse never got Eva for Bond. Maybe she's just not into cards.

I know actors such as the late Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane apparently didn't want people paying money for their signature.
I bet some actors don't even know what trading cards are all about, or they never find out if an agent or manager declines for them, classing it as a waste of their client's time. We're such a tiny little group of collectors in the bigger scheme of things. It could all change with some of these actors in the future, I guess.

Another one from Penny Dreadful I'd like is Patti LuPone. I don't think she's signed for anything.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just thought of another one - John Goodman.

Posts: 26 | Location: Wales UK | Registered: January 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

And I've been involved in magic and sleight of hand for nearly a quarter century, and would love to see a set based on "Penn & Teller's Fool Us." I've got a number of friends/acquaintances who have appeared on the show.

Penn & Teller have a dual signed Babylon 5 card. I'm not sure if you're referring to them or the other magicians who appear (or disappear Big Grin)

I'd like to see:

Bill Murray (the Cryptozoic Ghostbusters set was amazing, adding Murray would've made it legendary)
Bryan Cranston
Joe Pesci
Clint Eastwood

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, "Love Boat" tried to get some movie stars from the 40's (and before) whenever possible. I remember Douglas Fairbanks Jr. and Ginger Rogers guest-starred during the show's run.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Three shows from the 1970s and 1980s that had roles for several guest stars every week:

Fantasy Island
Love Boat
Murder She Wrote.

Unfortunately, many of those guest stars have passed in the intervening years, but many still are around.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Oh boy the list is long. I do wonder if one can sign why not the other.

If Pacino can sign why not DeNiro?
If George and Elaine can sign what is wrong with Jerry and Kramer?
If Vince and Tommy Lee can sign where is Mick and Nikki?
If Dan Aykroyd can sign, c'mon Bill!!!
Seriously! Only half of the 4 Baldwins?
I have Ali Larter but no Milla Jovovich
If Clooney can sign Christian has no excuse!

Bruce, Demi, Ashton and Mila could all show some love.

Steve Buscemi, John Malkovich, Ving Rhames and Nick Cage cause Con Air is like the best movie EVER!!

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Not one I'm after but Natalie Portman is a biggie.

She is doing a private signing this year so could be a shoe-in for some officially signed SW cards one day...

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
A side note, I just started watching Fool Us the last two seasons, and I'd LOVE to see the other seasons, but they are not available on DVD! Can you stream them?
BTW, I think the hostess on Fool Us has signed!

Many of the guest magician segments are available on Youtube -- just search for the magician's name + "Fool Us".
And yes, Alyson Hannigan has been on a number of Buffy cards.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

Penn & Teller have a dual signed Babylon 5 card. I'm not sure if you're referring to them or the other magicians who appear (or disappear Big Grin)

They have a B5 card, plus a signed Topps American Heritage card. And several unsigned cards -- Playbill, GPK, a rare Showtime cable network promo card.

I'd be interested, though, in a Fool Us set because of the guest magicians. And the cards wouldn't have to be signed. I could get many of the base cards signed on my own, as many of the magicians who've appeared on the show are easy to find at magic conventions. (In a couple of weeks I'll be at a convention where Joel Hodgson (on MST3K cards) is scheduled to appear, along with several magicians who have been on Fool Us: Mac King, Fielding West, Stuart MacDonald).

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
(and there are many people who have been professional and semi-pro magicians who have cards -- Houdini, David Blaine, Ricky Jay, Jason Alexander, Arsenio Hall, Harry Anderson, Johnny Carson, Orson Bean, Orson Welles, Steve Martin, Neil Patrick Harris, many others).

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
An interesting topic... My list of signatures on cards/promos would be,
Larry David
JB Smoove
Barbera Eden
Donnie Yen
Jackie Chan
Denzel Washington
Bruce Willis
Mel Brookes

Happy to hear if there's already signature cards from these celebs, all good. My two cents worth Wavey

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Barbara Eden had signed cards in at least 2 Press Pass Elvis sets, "Elvis Is" and "Essential Elvis". Very young photos. I'm pretty sure I saw her autograph in one or two Americana or Pop Century sets also, but those I don't have, so I can't say for sure.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here's Barbara Eden, with Nancy Sinatra thrown in for the heck of it.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
OH WOW, COOL !!!
Thanks CARDADDICT, I knew you'd be all over it Thumb Up
LOve that card, would love to get hold of one of those... Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardscout182,

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Don't call me Shirley,
and don't call me Jess, either!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Got them both and Mary Tyler Moore, and Mary Ann Mobley, and Yvonne Craig, and Julie Adams, and a few others. Loved those on-card Press Pass Elvis sets. Smile