Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Need Info on "RUDOLPH RED-NOSED REINDEER" sketches!!! Please :)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Info on "RUDOLPH RED-NOSED REINDEER" sketches!!! Please :)
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
do not even remember how many were done sorry tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
Who is the artist with the BB initials?

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Good question. I searched for a little while and could not find the answer. You'd think Beamer would know. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
Thanks for trying to find it, goldenavenger.
I'll contact beamer

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you find out please post, I'd like to know too! Do you know who Susie Q is?

Jon

Posts: 5414 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
Greetings!..and apologies if this is considered inappropriate, but here goes Smile

...the sketches/cards/set here is from "Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys" produced by Dart - but does anyone know anything about the set made by Dynamic Forces?? Through a (probably old) link I saw a listing of boxes & binders that are marked sold out but I have never seen any of these cards on.....that site lol.

Thanks and please be kind - I've been a member for a while but this is my first post.

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your first post.....it took you long enough! Big Grin But quicker than "wonged". Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome!
I have been buying cards online and at a Toy & Collectible Show nearby for a couple of years now. Sometimes when I post I have a terrble habit Shake Head of "muddying the waters" so I tend to hold my tongue...well, not literally you understand Razz

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Beamer is away and Tom can't remember the full names of the two artists, but he's trying to track down that information. He might post here but if he emails me I'll transfer the information. Thumb Up

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

This set was not one I had looked at.

This thread has been enjoyable to read and the sketches are very nice.

TTFN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: william291077,

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I got an email reply...... Beamer, Tom B. and Tom's friend doesn't remember the full artists name. Quite the mystery.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Send an email to Dino Frasella from Dart Flipcards. Hopefully he can shed some light on this mystery.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I just received an email from Stewart Sargent. He was a co owner of Dart Flipcards, the company that did the Rudolph cards. He said Suzy Q is artist Susan Gorski.
I am waiting on the name of the other artist.
Hope this helps.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Excellent information! Thanks for keeping on top of this!! Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
I just received an email from Stewart Sargent. He was a co owner of Dart Flipcards, the company that did the Rudolph cards. He said Suzy Q is artist Susan Gorski.
I am waiting on the name of the other artist.
Hope this helps.

Awesome. . .

A decade old mystery solved. . . hopefully someone remembers who 'BB' is. . .

This is a great, unappreciated partial release -- it's a shame the cards didn't get made.

Jon

Posts: 5414 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
And finally the long awaited answer. The artist signing as "BB" on the Rudolph sketches is...Kirstie Wakefield. Now, please don't ask me how you get BB from Kirstie Wakefield. I am just exhausted from doing all this research!
(lol)

posted Hide Post
Thank you, thank you! Incredible!

Jon

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Thanks beamer! Clap

Yeah, good question on the Kirstie Wakefield=BB. That's quite a bit different. I even tried to google Susan Gorski with the word artist yesterday just see what else she's done and got nothing! Eek No wonder we couldn't figure out the 2 artists names.

Thanks again!!

Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
And finally the long awaited answer. The artist signing as "BB" on the Rudolph sketches is...Kirstie Wakefield. Now, please don't ask me how you get BB from Kirstie Wakefield. I am just exhausted from doing all this research!
(lol)

sorry it took me so long to respond...

THANK YOU beamer, for all your help! Clap

I'm glad I was able to start such a difficult question Razz