Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    S.T. Variant Autograph card questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.T. Variant Autograph card questions.
 Login/Join

Picture of Apex_Ninja
posted
Hi there,

I have pack pulled both of these signed versions of card A243 from the S.T. Remastered Original series:

It almost looks like the first card is signed by someone else Confused.

1) Are people collecting these variant cards ?

2) And if I should sell the card; Is there a price difference (the first card looks more scarce than the second card) ?

Posts: 133 | Location: NL | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I could reel you off about 7 very different looking signatures of mine right now and I assure you they are all authentic!

Some signers are just more consistent than others.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just never saw someone's signature deteriorate that much! Now, I have.

You should see mine after signing 12 checks in a row ;-)

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Honestly I don't believe you can really call the first signature a variant autograph.

Variant implies that something has been intentionally changed from one version to another. If, for example, someone draws a little picture or doodle after their name sometimes but not others, or someone signs a full signature and uses initials on some cards and only a first name on others. Then you can call it a variant and usually the version that is less plentiful is valued higher. Changes in ink colors would also count as variants.

What this seems to be is someone who got tired of signing and became sloppy. I can tell you that I packed pull this card on Sunday and the signature is not as clean as the second photo, the Judith looks more like Judy, but the last name is close to the same. In other words its a decent looking signature.

As to a price difference (and this is only my opinion going by how I buy autographs) I wouldn't consider the sloppy version to be a variant. So whether its more or less plentiful would have no bearing on anything. It wouldn't be worth nearly as much to me as the nice legible autograph card because it is not a good display card and I would stay away from it.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post