Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Angel season 4 Eliza Dushku A24 auto
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Angel season 4 Eliza Dushku A24 auto
 Login/Join

posted
Having recently won this card, I was surprised when I received it and it has an oval embossed "Certified Inkworks Authentic" stamp on the bottom right (below the auto) of the card. The auto looks genuine but I cannot remember the oval stamp being mentioned nearer the time of release (could be poor memory!)

Anyone out there own the A24 that can check their own card to see if it has this stamp as well?

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I don't have one but I'd love to see what your card looks like.
Is it possible for you to take a photo?

I had a look on the bay, and the only one I can see up for auction seems to have an Inkworks embossed logo as well that I can see faintly. Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the ones that I've now looked at seem to have the same embossing stamp. As said earlier, happy with the purchase, just could not remember this detail

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mine has the embossed stamp.I believe it was the only redemption in the set so that might be why it has the embossed stamp when none of the other season four autos do.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Yes, Everyone of the Dushku autos from Angel have the Inkworks embossed across it. I believe it is the only card in the entire auto run to have it.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I recall that she did not return all of the cards sent to her (if she was sent 1500 cards maybe only 1000 came back) so I think Inkworks did this to authenticate the cards that were returned to them and prevent the unreturned cards as showing up as legitimate Inkworks issued cards.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Here is what mine looks like...

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I recall that she did not return all of the cards sent to her (if she was sent 1500 cards maybe only 1000 came back) so I think Inkworks did this to authenticate the cards that were returned to them and prevent the unreturned cards as showing up as legitimate Inkworks issued cards.

That's very interesting Raven, and makes sense.
So when I do eventually get one I have to remember to look for the embossing.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Please send all Eliza Dushku autograph cards to me for verification.

Seriously, I'm just kidding. I'm in envy of anyone who has one, as her autos have eluded me so far.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup. What he said!

The card I have came directly from Inkworks via redemption and it has the extra embossing.

I remember, when I sent my redemption card in, it was months before the card was returned to me - I remember several emails from Inkworks saying that they were still waiting for the cards to come back, and then came the news that not all had been returned, which was why they used the extra embossing.

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

It is interesting - but Batman said it not Raven

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
quote:

It would be interesting - but Batman said it not Raven

Silly me Twak that's what happens when I doing things way past my bedtime. I'm too sleepy to think straight Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
[Silly me Twak that's what happens when I doing things way past my bedtime. I'm too sleepy to think straight Big Grin

Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
quote:

It would be interesting - but Batman said it not Raven

Silly me Twak that's what happens when I doing things way past my bedtime. I'm too sleepy to think straight Big Grin

Yes, but I was thinking it, so maybe Juelle has psychic abilities that she is unaware of. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post