Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars: The Force Awakens character names revealed, 1977 Topps Style!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: The Force Awakens character names revealed, 1977 Topps Style!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted
An Entertainment Weekly exclusive:

Newly created mockups of 1977 style Topps Stars Wars cards from Director JJ Abrams and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy revealing the names of the characters seen in the now famous teaser trailer for the new Star Wars movie.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/201...ens-character-names/

All are shown at the link, but here's my favorite.

The caption could have been "Kylo Ren Ignites a Controversy!", due to the design of the lightsaber, haha. Great name for this villain, and I like all of the others, too, all very Star Wars-sy.

It would be even cooler if these were on actual card stock (and issued to EW subscribers, which I have long been!). They did add some digital wear and tear to them for purposes of verisimilitude. Hopefully there will be more of these virtual beauties, if not the real thing, in this cherished design.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here are the other 7 cards, to see them all at a glance:

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
I like!! Smile

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
Oh, those are LOVELY! What a wonderful nostalgic look ... I think I'll go flip through my binder of 1970s Star Wars cards right now.

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post