Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    NASA Space Shuttle Mission Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NASA Space Shuttle Mission Cards
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I remember there was discussion about the NASA Space Shuttle Mission cards (set of 10 cards for each mission) some time ago but assume it has been deleted by now. Cards had been seen for missions between STS-76 and STS-96 but nobody reported seeing cards for mission STS-92. I expressed doubt that any were issued for this mission since I had been looking for them for over 10 years. I recently had the idea to look at when the missions were launched and found out that the missions from flights STS-76 to STS-96 were all launched between March 1996 and July 1999, with the exception of STS-92. There were four further shuttle flights before STS-92 was launched in October 2000. This delay is another reason why I don't think there have been any cards issued for shuttle mission STS-92. If they do exist, then there could also be cards for the four shuttle missions prior to this flight i.e. STS-99, STS-101, STS-103 and STS-106.

Posts: 5 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Shuttle Cards thread here. Looks interesting Smile

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That was the thread I was thinking of. Thanks.

Posts: 5 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello what NASA Space Shuttle Missions cards to you have extra.

Would it be possible you could send pictures of the different sets or a picture of the header card.
I have STS-82 & STS-83, I just purchased STS-89, STS-90, & STS-95.

I haven't seen these cards in a long while.

My Email should be in my profile.

Thank you for your tome.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm new to this forum. Ive been meaning to join one for some time and this seems just what I was looking for. Ive been collecting mainly aviation / space themed cards (all sizes / types) for some years. At present I'm trying to complete my STS Mission Card set. I possess STS80-STS96 so I need STS76-STS79 to complete it; unless there are others I'm not aware off? I'd be willing to swap for any of my numerous spares (individual cards & sets).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3 | Location: Sheffield UK | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don't have any spares but can you confirm if you have cards for STS92? This is a set that nobody has reported seeing. There is a link in the second post above to another thread that has more about these cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This thread indicates that the cards stopped in 1999, which would imply that there is no STS-92 set.

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shuttleenterprise:
Sorry, I don't have any spares but can you confirm if you have cards for STS92? This is a set that nobody has reported seeing. There is a link in the second post above to another thread that has more about these cards.

I'm 99.9% sure that there is no STS92. I have every set after STS79 and only need STS76, 77, 78 & 79 to complete my collection; so my original offer of swaps for any of the above still stands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3 | Location: Sheffield UK | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know this is a relatively old thread but Ive just completed my NASA Shuttle Mission Card Series (well except for replacing a damaged set). I managed to strike a deal with an American dealer for STS76-79. But the most puzzling aspect of the deal is that he threw in two more sets which he's adamant belong in the series. Neither set refer to specific missions; however, individual cards in the set do refer to several specific missions and also touch on the history & technical aspects of the Space Shuttle Program in general. The other set deals with joint USA/Russian missions to MIR. They are manufactured by the same company and appear to have similar design & other characteristics. Can anyone clarify the situation? Do they belong to the series? If so why does nobody seem to have mentioned/listed them before; apart from this one dealer? I look forward to your responses.