Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars Galactic Moments: Countdown to Episode 9
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galactic Moments: Countdown to Episode 9
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Topps' on line store has, starting Dec 20, 3 new cards released a week ($15 per set)

And there will be 3 new cards EVERY week, until Episode IX is released next December !!!

So doing the math, does that mean there will be about 150 cards to collect ?

Each set of 3 is only available for ONE WEEK. You can also buy the cards as singles

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone going on this journey?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
These things remind me of those magazines that come out in 398 weekly parts. People buy in for the first half a dozen then get fed up and stop. The people who do collect the whole lot find that the re-sale value on them is nowhere near what they spent.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
These things remind me of those magazines that come out in 398 weekly parts. People buy in for the first half a dozen then get fed up and stop. The people who do collect the whole lot find that the re-sale value on them is nowhere near what they spent.

That about sums it up. I guess there are some collectors who might just like the challenge because they keep using this gimmick, so someone must be buying enough to cover the minimal expenses.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So at $ 15 per week for 3 cards, for a year until the movie comes out, that comes to almost $ 800...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These keep on coming !

I think they are up to Week 3 now ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The first weeks numbers were in the upper 500 copies of each card. Week two numbers are 313 copies! Ouch!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
The first weeks numbers were in the upper 500 copies of each card. Week two numbers are 313 copies! Ouch!

I bet a lot of flippers and speculators expected the initial print run to be lower. When the numbers came out and they saw that it was somewhat on the high side, they decided not to go into it any further.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There seems to be a significant drop off with all these made-to-order products that have an assigned schedule. Same thing happened with Solo and Preacher as I recall.

I think the first weeks get the highest interest because those cards will generally show the main characters, no one has them in hand yet and maybe some people don't understand the kind of commitment they are attempting. Anyway it takes a few weeks to judge what the real demand will be. Right now there can only be 313 complete sets, but if this is truly going to run for a year, I wouldn't be surprised if the total number winds up below half that.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cards 10 to 12 are now available

How can you tell what the print run is ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
On the Topps website once the card is no longer available it will show “no longer available”. On the bottom of the space is a number. That number is the total number of each card printed.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yep, look on the same Topps page on which you order the cards. This week ordering is still live for cards #10, #11, and #12. They have not published the print runs yet for cards #7,#8 and #9, but you will find #1 - #6 print runs given below the order section.

As each of the 3 weekly cards are ordered separately, print runs may vary even within the same week. For the first six cards the print runs are reported by TOPPS as 566, 516, 526, 313, 312, and 312.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cards 13 to 15 are now available.

I don't think they show the older cards (or the print runs) anymore.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
They hold off at least 2 weeks after closing to post the print run. Card #7 was 528 and card # 9 was 471. Card #8 has a blank space so far.

Not surprised that the prints have gone down, but mildly surprised that they're going up AND down. Once someone drops a week you would think they won't return. Must be that some collectors are focused on single characters and buy when they are pictured. Otherwise I don't know why you would want only portions of a base set.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I've ordered the first 6 weeks so far.
Worth it, but I can't see myself buying these from the Prequel trilogy and especially the animated stuff, should they include any of that.
I'm in it until the end of the original trilogy, probably only cards 1-54 (or 18 weekly sets), but will probably only dabble after that.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With the remake of the Topps website, they don't show the previous items after they close. So you can't see the print runs. Coincidence or by design?

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They're up to cards 19 to 21 for Empire Strikes Back now.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Print Runs:

1 - 566 (Begin "A New Hope")
2 - 516
3 - 526
4 - 313
5 - 312
6 - 312
7 - 528
8 - 480
9 - 471
10 - 400
11 - 430
12 - 416
13 - 366
14 - 358
15 - 369
16 - 414
17 - 401
18 - 402 (end "A New Hope")
19 - 476 (begin "Empire")
20 - 461
21 - 453

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are up to Return of the Jedi now

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
22 - 495
23 - 460
24 - 470
25 - 415
26 - 410
27 - 409
28 - 461
29 - 430
30 - 439
31 - 416
32 - 383
33 - 389
34 - 394
35 - 395
36 - 401 (end ESB)
37 - 403 (start ROTJ)
38 - 386
39 - 389

This message has been edited. Last edited by: allender,

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post