Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Full Bleed vs. Bordered
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Full Bleed vs. Bordered
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted
Question for you all....

I have a few True Blood and Game of Thrones autograph cards...a few full bleed and a few bordered.

Considering that I acquired these packs via clearance sales and don't collect either set, I am not knowledgeable about either set.

I am just curious as to why the general consensus seems to be that people prefer the full bleed.

Anyone? Smile

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
To my mind's eye the full bleed presents a larger and more natural looking format. The bordered cards seem to compact the photo more and make it appear smaller, although I have never actually measured one space against the other.

Even the autograph area on the full bleeds seem to blend in better. The bordered cards come off as appearing sectional to me.

Now I will say that I've seen at least a few full bleed photos that didn't work well in that design. If the autograph area crops off too much of the photo or if a light colored background doesn't look good blending into the space, that can make the card less appealing.

But by in large I absolutely prefer full bleeds over the border style autograph cards. However I do think its a matter of taste.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I too prefer the look of the full bleed auto

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously it's a personal thang, but I prefer the bordered Game of Thrones cards to the full bleed. Simply prefer the look. I don't like the fad-out on the full bleed cards leading to the sig - they often cut off the image somewhat IMO.

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input! Smile

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I very much prefer the bordered versions. They just look better to me. I like the bolder logos that are on them.

I had all of the Games of Thrones autographs from the first two sets and got rid of virtually all of the full bleed ones since I only wanted one card of each actor. There was one exception where I had the Peter Dinklage bordered incentive from Series 1 and the Peter Dinklage pack inserted full bleed from Series 2, and I kept the full bleed in that case, but only because the signature was so much better on the full bleed. I would've preferred to have kept the bordered version though.

On a few other characters, my favorites basically (Arya, Theon, Brienne, and a couple of other), I kept one of each version.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post