Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Full Bleed vs. Bordered

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/5847008076

May 21, 2014, 11:46 PM
Starchild
Full Bleed vs. Bordered
Question for you all....

I have a few True Blood and Game of Thrones autograph cards...a few full bleed and a few bordered.

Considering that I acquired these packs via clearance sales and don't collect either set, I am not knowledgeable about either set.

I am just curious as to why the general consensus seems to be that people prefer the full bleed.

Anyone? Smile

May 22, 2014, 12:11 AM
Raven
To my mind's eye the full bleed presents a larger and more natural looking format. The bordered cards seem to compact the photo more and make it appear smaller, although I have never actually measured one space against the other.

Even the autograph area on the full bleeds seem to blend in better. The bordered cards come off as appearing sectional to me.

Now I will say that I've seen at least a few full bleed photos that didn't work well in that design. If the autograph area crops off too much of the photo or if a light colored background doesn't look good blending into the space, that can make the card less appealing.

But by in large I absolutely prefer full bleeds over the border style autograph cards. However I do think its a matter of taste.
May 22, 2014, 04:35 AM
hammer
I too prefer the look of the full bleed auto
May 22, 2014, 06:25 AM
Kris Gibson
Obviously it's a personal thang, but I prefer the bordered Game of Thrones cards to the full bleed. Simply prefer the look. I don't like the fad-out on the full bleed cards leading to the sig - they often cut off the image somewhat IMO.
May 22, 2014, 05:56 PM
Starchild
Thanks for the input! Smile

May 22, 2014, 06:11 PM
chesspieceface
I very much prefer the bordered versions. They just look better to me. I like the bolder logos that are on them.

I had all of the Games of Thrones autographs from the first two sets and got rid of virtually all of the full bleed ones since I only wanted one card of each actor. There was one exception where I had the Peter Dinklage bordered incentive from Series 1 and the Peter Dinklage pack inserted full bleed from Series 2, and I kept the full bleed in that case, but only because the signature was so much better on the full bleed. I would've preferred to have kept the bordered version though.

On a few other characters, my favorites basically (Arya, Theon, Brienne, and a couple of other), I kept one of each version.