Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage Sets
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
Picture of PEZman
posted
Last night while I was trolling Ebay I bid and won a Zorro card from 1958 for .99 cents. I was wondering who out there collects vintage (pre-1970) and what do you collect? Do you have any complete sets? What are you working on?

Posts: 7 | Location: Leominster, MA | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I have a few sets from this period. Combat 1 and 2, Fighting Marines, TV Westerns, Red Menace, Davy Crockett, Battle, Civil War News, Power for Peace and a couple of others.
I only finished a couple of these sets by myself, I had a lot of help from a friend who collects just the cards of his youth.
It's hard to find old cards around here now. Still working on World on Wheels, and Davy Crockett Green, but need the hard ones from them.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Nope Kevin - got all those.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was wondering who out there collects vintage (pre-1970) and what do you collect? Do you have any complete sets? What are you working on?

Although my collecting period is 1975 to 2000 I have managed to acquire a number of sets pre that period. I have never bought individual cards to make a set though, preferring to spend a bit more and get the whole set in one go. I believe that it much cheaper that way and a damn sight less hassle.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I collect the vintage Penny/Cigarette/Gum cards.

I specifically the Classic Hollywood stars - there's a great variety globally the only down side is the expense can be quite extravigant depending up condition.

Still a great challenge.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hassan cigarette cards, the Arctic ones in particular. The art borders on fine art and the color lithography is excellent for the time (1911). Pre WW2 Goudey and post ww2 Bowman made good looking sets too.

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post