Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Mailday with TWO grail cards!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mailday with TWO grail cards!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Got two of my "grail cards" in today. All I need is a Browder Stargate S9 autograph and I'll need to start making a new grail list Big Grin

Been looking for one of these for four years now, and about a month ago I gave up on searching for one on eBay after checking every morning for the past two years. I randomly decided to try searching one last time last Saturday and found this newly listed and I snatched it up in a heartbeat

I am a big fan of the black and white Doctor Who episodes, especially that of the Second Doctor and I really love Ben and Polly and think that they are two of my favorite classic companions. Sadly Michael Craze died in 1998 and only signed once, for a total of 90 cards in 1995 for the Cornerstone Doctor Who Series 3 set and after a long search I finally have one of them Cool

I'm SO happy to have finally found this that I did a little happy dance when it arrived in the mail! Dance

And then, as luck would have it, I checked out the seller's other cards and found this gem. I am trying to get one card with each of the Doctor's autographs on it and thought that this was going to be the last one I would have to find! Now all I need is a Tom Baker autograph and I will have a set of the classic Doctor's autographs on card Smile

Soooooo happy to finally get the Craze autograph! The Pertwee one is just gravy on a good day!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting your cards!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Do the backs have any graphics? I am guessing this is one of the earliest examples of Autograph cards.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the grails!

Check out my blog at Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
Congrats. Do the backs have any graphics? I am guessing this is one of the earliest examples of Autograph cards.

Yes,these are very early autograph cards.these were made by Conerstone and are very rare.these never come up for sale.these go into hardcore Dr who collections and are never seen again.

Great finds.well done Thumb Up

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Well Done! The Jon Pertwee is highly sought after. Thumb Up

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Awesome finds.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post