Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
List of Doctor Who Cards signed by the Doctors

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/5747070316

November 18, 2011, 10:13 AM
ajdedo
List of Doctor Who Cards signed by the Doctors
Hi,

Can someone please help me compile a list of Doctor Who Autograph cards signed by the Doctors. So far I have ->

Doctor #3 - Jon Pertwee (1 card)

DW Series 2

Doctor #4 - Tom Baker (3 cards)

Definitive 1
Definitive 2
40th Anniversary

Doctor #5 - Peter Davison (5 cards)

DW Series 1
Definitive 1
Definitive 3
40th Anniversary
DW Trilogy

Doctor #6 - Colin Baker (4 cards)

DW Series 1
Definitive 1
Definitive 3
40th Anniversary

Doctor #7 - Sylvester McCoy (4 cards)

DW Series 3
Definitive 1
Definitive 3
40th Anniversary

Doctor #8 - Paul McGann (2 cards)

Definitive 1
40th Anniversary

Is that correct?
Thanks. :-)
November 18, 2011, 12:24 PM
Stargaterules
David Tennant did sign 2 different Harry Potter cards . ( not as the doctor but still an auto card )
November 18, 2011, 01:42 PM
wolfie
and the Doctor himself signed for Monster Invasion Extreme.

Can't get better than that. Thumb Up

November 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
WandringRebel
I thought Christopher Eccleston had signed for one of the Heroes sets (although I could be wrong and obviously it's not him as The Doctor).

November 19, 2011, 12:31 PM
ajdedo
So does anyone know who currently has the license for Doctor Who? Why their webpage sucks? And if there are any plans for an Eccleston, Tennant or Smith auto card?
November 19, 2011, 01:27 PM
Jason00
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I thought Christopher Eccleston had signed for one of the Heroes sets (although I could be wrong and obviously it's not him as The Doctor).

Nope, he did not sign for any of those sets. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by ajdedo:
So does anyone know who currently has the license for Doctor Who? Why their webpage sucks? And if there are any plans for an Eccleston, Tennant or Smith auto card?

I don't think anyone has the license for the new series -- Inkworks had it and did a preview set at Comic Con and a few promos, but didn't release an actual set or any signed cards. Your best bet is the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire card signed by David Tennant. I have it and it's a nice card.

November 19, 2011, 03:50 PM
wolfie
The BBC currently has the license for Doctor Who and life is too short to explain why no card manufacturers are getting it.

Let's just say it's complex.

November 19, 2011, 06:49 PM
WOMBLE
Doctor Who trading cards ARE being made here in the UK, such Battles in Time and Monster Invasion. It's just that the BBC are not following a blinkered approach of producing a very limited US style release of a just a few thousand boxes with sketches and autos. The current Monster Invasion cards are on sale in all over the UK in newsagents. Since many sets have been released I guess it has been a very financially successful model, which no doubt they want to continue.