Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Where to buy supplies?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy supplies?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
Our distributor has been flaking out on us lately, and is out of supplies. Where is a good place to buy supplies (albums, sleeves, storage boxes, etc.) wholesale and/or retail?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bags Unlimited ,
( They advertise in NSU )

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
Bags Unlimited ,

I was going to suggest the same thing. I was just looking through their recent catalog I picked up at Allentown, they have some pretty good quantity pricing.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm spoiled to wholesale prices. And I can't find 100 count cardboard boxes. Will just have to be patient for my distributor to come through for me.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bags Unlimited ,

Where is Bags Unlimited based out of? I see the catalog when I go the the Philly show and would think it would be good for them to set-up.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:
Bags Unlimited ,

Where is Bags Unlimited based out of? I see the catalog when I go the the Philly show and would think it would be good for them to set-up.

They have attended in the past.

Not sure if it has been conflicting schedules or why they haven't been to the last couple.

But their catalog is way more expansive that what they can bring and put on one table.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I guess I'm spoiled to wholesale prices. And I can't find 100 count cardboard boxes. Will just have to be patient for my distributor to come through for me.

Biggest problem I find with supplies is shipping. Which is why I didn't even offer.

If you are picking up locally, you'll never find a cheaper price from someone who ships (unless you're buying a pallet load).

Cardboard is especially bulky and heavy, but sleeves and toploads add up in a hurry. I find that my actual cost of pages goes up about 60% if I have to have them shipped to me. I try to pick up orders anytime I'm close to my supplier.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:
Bags Unlimited ,

Bags Unlimited is based in Rochester, NY. As posted above, they've been a great supporter of NSU over the years.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

Biggest problem I find with supplies is shipping. Which is why I didn't even offer.

If you are picking up locally, you'll never find a cheaper price from someone who ships (unless you're buying a pallet load).

Cardboard is especially bulky and heavy, but sleeves and toploads add up in a hurry. I find that my actual cost of pages goes up about 60% if I have to have them shipped to me. I try to pick up orders anytime I'm close to my supplier.

Ed

I had no idea that these are the going prices now days. Couldn't find better on ebay. There must be one heck of a mark up on supplies due to shipping. I better stock up when my distributor figures things out.

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
As a collector or selling my extra duplicates it is a quest to search for storage supplies because the only comic store in the city is focus in other items.

Tattoox is you need sleeves or top-loaders. I second to recommend you check eBay or Internet sites from supplies. Because as far I see it is the only supplies that you can find competitive prices and S&H cost.

About albums and storage boxes. If your supplier give you good prices. I recommend wait for him.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I will confirm my order with my distributor. My cost is a small fraction of the prices I've been seeing.