Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Card Listing Sites
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Is there a card listing site , like Jeff Allenders.
That as well shows pictures of all the cards in the set
Thanks

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
There are sites like https://nonsportrealm.com/ or https://www.beckett.com/price-guides that have checklists and some pictures.

Also, the individual card companies usually have some pictures of their cards

Not sure of a single site that lists all cards and has pictures of every card

You can always search the auction sites as well

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Piko,

There are also sites for particular franchises like Star Trek, Star Wars, and Marvel but I don't think you'll see scans of all the cards. Allender's site is a near-miracle as it is. It lists most of the known sets, even oddball promo stuff. Building a site like that and then updating it every month is a job in itself and it's free to all of us. Yeah, sometimes I'm looking for an image or information for a particular card, trying to match it up with what it might be, when I find something I haven't seen before.

If you're looking for a scan of a particular card or have a mystery card, you can always ask everyone at Card Talk.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies, I am looking for Character Cards and wanted to see what they look like.
There are cards in the preview and box sets but i only want the base set ones
Jeff Allender has them listed but they are all over the sets.
If I know what the number is and what the card looks like there are swags of base cards for trade on the forum I can then go ahead and try to get some of them.
EG the Buffy 6 Chaos Bleeds set of three have the same cards as Character Cards in the base set

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sometimes when I am looking for a specific card image from a set I have luck searching on eBay. Sometimes sellers will scan and sell individual cards, or sometimes they will take large photographs of entire sets.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill
The tradingcarddb site seems to be the one that from what I can see will do the trick, although i will have to learn how to navigate it.
With a quick look i have seen some base cards that interest me
Thanks Very Much

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tradingcarddb has huge coverage with images, though the image uploads are "volunteer work" so you'll have gaps if there isn't a true fan for the subject matter. Beckett's images often depend on what's popular with dealers who link to their Marketplace. Comc is growing very useful as it grows with the consignment market.

I often scan eBay in bulk, especially with new sets, and might recognize a seller who's active on one of the other sites and redirect myself there.

Thanks for the kind words. Images are not likely to be "in the cards" because I spend enough time confirming card descriptions. I'm way behind in "research" because when I start checking out some sets I often find auctions etc. for other sets I didn't know about, and then a 5-minute quick check evolves into half a day of trying to fill gaps.

There are a few other specialty sites for true-fans of all related collectibles. For older cards (from the late 1800s through the 1960s, including tobacco and food-issue sets), I also recommend Vintage Non-Sports Cards.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post