Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Night of the Living Dead
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night of the Living Dead
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Johnny, you said the only white bordered promos you have seen are in "the uncut form"

Here are the 3 promos, see scan # 3

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....453/m/7617075596/p/1

Those are silver foil borders. By white borders, I mean that no foil border was applied.

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
ok so the 8-card set was a "for-sale" item. I just got it and didn't know for sure. I'm glad to have the set.

8 card set? Are you talking about the 1993 Imagine On Location set of color photo cards?

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Does anyone else remember a card that had a member of the crew on the front - might have been the cinematographer? I think it was unnumbered. The seller noted it was some kind of bonus card or promo and I never saw it again. He had some other lesser-seen Imagine cards.

Night of the Living Dead didn't really have a cinematographer per se. Many crew members took turns shooting etc. And Imagine did not produce any number cards or particularly rare cards. Everything they printed for Night was part of one of three sets; the 1988 green border set, the 1990 red border set that is a direct copy of the '88 set but in red and the 1993 On Location set which consisted of three silver border promos and 8 color behind the scenes images.

If you can describe the image and graphic treatment a little more, I may be able to identify the card, you have me intrigued!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As I recall, the front had a side view of a man's face and his name might have been John or Dan. I think the seller also had a couple of those Imagine business cards with Scream Queens girls on the fronts. The seller had a bunch of other Imagine stuff - maybe an employee or relative/friend of an employee. Maybe someone will remember based on that. I guess it's possible I'm partly remembering an oddball Dark Shadows card which I'm beginning to suspect since you don't know it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Does anyone else remember a card that had a member of the crew on the front - might have been the cinematographer? I think it was unnumbered. The seller noted it was some kind of bonus card or promo and I never saw it again. He had some other lesser-seen Imagine cards.

Night of the Living Dead didn't really have a cinematographer per se. Many crew members took turns shooting etc. And Imagine did not produce any number cards or particularly rare cards. Everything they printed for Night was part of one of three sets; the 1988 green border set, the 1990 red border set that is a direct copy of the '88 set but in red and the 1993 On Location set which consisted of three silver border promos and 8 color behind the scenes images.

If you can describe the image and graphic treatment a little more, I may be able to identify the card, you have me intrigued!

Posts: 4381 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post