Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rarest X Files CCG?
 Login/Join

posted
any numbers would be helpful
thanks

my conundrum is: why is duane barry and Lucy Kazdin the most expensive cards on ebay when he is rare and she is fixed?

you would think the saught after ultra rare mulder and ultra rare skully would be HTF and so most expensive.

i've stayed off forums for decades.they made me antisocial in real life as a kid,
but i had to come and ask this because i have spent hours googling these things and i must just not be searching the right words because this stuff must have been talked about at some point in the last 24 years and i can find nothing...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: handicapabletrader,

Posts: 53 | Location: Springfield | Registered: June 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
You might find some CCG traders, but I'm thinking not a lot.

CCG's are not considered true trading cards by many. Although it's where many kids start collecting.

I personally started heavy into the Babylon 5 CCG when I first started my business. So I understand the allure.

But I never collected the X-Files CCG, so I'm no help on that one beyond what I know from checklists.

Welcome to Card Talk!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi mate, thanks for the welcome Smile
i know what you mean but for a lot of people dead CCG is still with them. they just have no one to play with. infact i got contacted by someone who runs a dead CCG facebook page and store online (themidianguard.com.au).
but you are right with me. i put these away when i was ten and hadn't looked at them for over 20 years.
but to be honest my basketball cards were so worthless i left them in a black bin bag on the curb. the collectors edition 94 baseball card set i spent thousands collecting sells for $23 on ebay so i'm giving them to my sister.
so even the topps x files tv show cards i kept have more value than any sport card i have. i heard the premiere set hat 80 million cards released, so do they make 100'000'000's of baseball cards for them to be worth less than the cost of printing and packaging them?
i'm planning on buying a nolan ryan rookie card soon and that will be the last sport card i ever buy. then i think i'll go back to the x files cards. CCG to collect slowly and enjoy the hunt. and tv series i'm not sure about needing.
i had every non ccg card except promos as a kid because that was what i liked and i still like to this day. was actually really miffed when i realized i only had topps base series one in my binder because that means every foil and rare card plus about 4 full sets went into the skip when my ma cleared her attic before selling the house.
besides, completing a collection feels great but when there's 100's of cards it feels like a real dopamine kick of satisfaction. that's what inclines me more towards the rest of the ccg than the 10 and 11 set since those ultra rares seem ultra rare and can't imagine completing a set without a lot of ebay purchases.
i might try and collect only the ultra rare cards and promos from now on.
or i might just buy full sets i really like: ren and stimpy, tank girl.visually worth wile stuff. and i'm thinking of looking into really rare old cards like the full set of 150 cigarette cards i just remembered my ma has thrown out of my attic that were 100 yr old Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: handicapabletrader,

Posts: 53 | Location: Springfield | Registered: June 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post