Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Custom/In-Person Autograph Cards: Star Wars, Star Trek, Bond, X-Men...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom/In-Person Autograph Cards: Star Wars, Star Trek, Bond, X-Men...
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I had a photo autographed by Shatner in Milton Keynes at one time when they still in the shopping centre and I thought I recognised the lady with him. It was later that I realised that it was Julie Cailtlin Brown off Babylon 5.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I can make out Nichelle Nichols, Dwight Shultz, Karl Urban, Micahel Dorn, Avery Brooks and I think I can see Terry Farrell and John de Lancie? The one on the bottom left corner I have no idea.

What is the item itself Tattoox?

I forgot to say that it's a collector plate.

It's not Terry Farrell. There's Jim Beaver and Garrett Wang (which I met last month).

I'll try to get a few more posted later today.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
The items I got autographed the first time I met Stan Lee.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

This is an older photo. I've added Picard, and need to put Worf up on the shelf. Picked them up in the past year and a half.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

I've added more autos to these as well.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

3 actors and the artist.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

I think this is the rarest, most valuable, and most special actor autograph; and it's my mom's.

Mr. Fonda asked my mom for her cheesecake recipe. It's probably floating around Hollywood right now.

She's waiting to make one for Nathan Fillion. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

If you watched No Ordinary Family you'd know why I asked them to sign this X-Men bust.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
TWD lunchbox.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Got these signed at Emerald City Comic Con this year.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Well I asked for pictures! Wink

I would never in a million years have deduced that first Trek one was a plate! I like the all gold signatures on that one.

Did you meet Leonard Nimoy for that bust? I wish I had got him before he retired from the convention scene, but I wasn't really into it all back when he did his last UK show. I have no idea what you're talking about with regards the X-Men bust though I'm afraid!

I particularly like the Walking Dead stuff, although I think Jon Berthnal's auto is criminal. Me and my partner met Norman Reedus last year - he is such a fan friendly guest, one of the best out there.

I like the comic cards and Castle cards, especially the costume card, they all look of the quality you'd find in packs of product.

And the unique note from Henry Fonda is absolutely superb.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Well I asked for pictures! Wink

I would never in a million years have deduced that first Trek one was a plate! I like the all gold signatures on that one.

Did you meet Leonard Nimoy for that bust? I wish I had got him before he retired from the convention scene, but I wasn't really into it all back when he did his last UK show. I have no idea what you're talking about with regards the X-Men bust though I'm afraid!

I particularly like the Walking Dead stuff, although I think Jon Berthnal's auto is criminal. Me and my partner met Norman Reedus last year - he is such a fan friendly guest, one of the best out there.

I like the comic cards and Castle cards, especially the costume card, they all look of the quality you'd find in packs of product.

And the unique note from Henry Fonda is absolutely superb.

Thanks.
Yes, I met Leonard Nimoy. One of his last appearances.

I'm met Norman a few times. Got some pics with him, but I don't think I can post them here.

There was a scene in an ep that those actresses had that Bowen X-Men bust in it.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I've admired many of your autographed items before Tattoox.

If you don't mind my asking, do you actively display them or rotate them around your home?

They are all so unique and interesting, it would be hard to hide away anything.

Posts: 10376 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I've admired many of your autographed items before Tattoox.

If you don't mind my asking, do you actively display them or rotate them around your home?

They are all so unique and interesting, it would be hard to hide away anything.

The busts are on display, with the over 500 busts and statues. The record, glass, and lunchbox as well.

I haven't displayed the plates yet. The one I did at DragonCon years ago is done. Currently the other Star Trek and a Star Wars plate are boxed up, ready for cons.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I take that back. The Stan Lee Spider-Man plate is displayed. So is the Star Wars stein.

What I haven't mentioned yet is the 1:18 scale cars. 1966 Batmobile signed by Adam and Burt. And Ecto-1 signed last month by Ernie Hudson.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I have a shelf of busts that are all signed by the creator of the character.

Have a few other cards signed by actors, some photos, but try to get unusual items signed, like my Chewbacca and Darth Maul statues.

I'll try to remember to scan/post the item that started it all.

BTW, I think my personal rarest item is a holographic prototype TV Guide cover that I got Gillian Anderson to sign.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
These are signed by the creator of the character.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Ah, Grendel and Mr. Monster, some of the best comics of the 80's no doubt! Beautiful collection. Congrats!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:

You can be so tight wolfie I would think you'd appreciate the ethos behind these! Wink

I'm with you Wolfie (tight fisted or not!) Whichever way you look at it charging 100buck for a 10second scrawl is a step too far into obsessive/compulsive mindset. We are the fans that put these dudes where they are today, shouldn't they be giving us their signatures in gratitude??

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
quote:

You can be so tight wolfie I would think you'd appreciate the ethos behind these! Wink

I'm with you Wolfie (tight fisted or not!) Whichever way you look at it charging 100buck for a 10second scrawl is a step too far into obsessive/compulsive mindset. We are the fans that put these dudes where they are today, shouldn't they be giving us their signatures in gratitude??

Yes, I think they should. Some celebs in particular would do well to remember they would be nothing without their fans....and yet card companies pay these celebs for their autographs, and collectors buy these certified cards from dealers. But paying a celeb directly for their autograph (or more accurately the organiser who books them for appearances) causes much more ire?

Ultimately, what's the difference between paying for a 'regular' autograph card from boxes/cases/eBay vs. a fan bypassing the manufacturer/dealer network and getting an autographed card from the actor directly? Apart from the obvious answer that the latter is usually a much more affordable option which, surely, is the lesser of two evils if people believe autographs should be given for free?

Is every collector who buys a $100 autograph card (of any type) "obsessive/compulsive" as you put it? That seems quite a statement!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post