Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Vintage Poster Sci-Fi & Horror MASTER SET!! - tons of pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage Poster Sci-Fi & Horror MASTER SET!! - tons of pics
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I've been putting this together for years, and after getting the last sketch card I needed at the Philly show, it's finally complete! The whole base set, all chase, all promos, all incentives, all autographs and a sketch card from every artist.

You'll notice there are two Brian Kong and two Corbett Vanoni sketch cards - there is a variation on some sketch card backs that I'll probably pursue (some have the artists name and bio, others are generic), but for all intents and purposes (and my sanity! Smile) this is complete. I may also try to track down color variations on the signatures, too. And behind the Beverly Garland auto is one missing the signature.

Posts: 1570 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Ted!
This is one of my favorite sets in quite a while.
Would you consider going for an uncut sheet as well. Drool

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
Congratulations Ted!
This is one of my favorite sets in quite a while.
Would you consider going for an uncut sheet as well. Drool

Thanks! Yeah, easily one of my favorite all-time sets.

If it doesn't fit in the binder (or my budget!), then no. Big Grin

One thing I haven't been able to track down, and I'm not even sure they were printed, is a sell sheet. I have a pdf of it that I need to run off myself, but I don't know if there's an "official" one floating around.

Posts: 1570 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great set, i have that double autograph card in a frame in the bedroom.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done!
Congratulations!!

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That is a very impressive collection. I especially like the cards for Forbidden Planet and 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY which, as everyone knows, is the best movie ever made.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Here is the official ad slick for this series. It is 8.5 X 11. I will have to check my stash, but if i have another Ted, it's yours.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Beamer I hope you have another! Drool

Who signed it on the bottom?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very nice set. Congrats on completing it!

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've sold a couple of runs of this and now I'm trying to put a run together for myself. Need a few Sketches to complete, but not in any hurry.

Also trying to put a master Set of Series 2 together but some of the Artists only did a few sketches.

Tom really raised the Bar with level of sketch quality for this set and continues with his other releases.

Your sketches look great Ted, always nice when you complete a master set.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Ted,
Found it. I did have an extra.

As for the signature, I actually just noticed it on the bottom. Can't remember who it was, but I will figure it out. Shoot me an email when you get time.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I'm still looking for the Kevin McCarthy! Nice sketches too.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Beamer, you've got an email coming your way....

I think the autograph may be Steven Miller.

treksearcher - I wanted to do Series 2 but there's no way I'd be able to afford it. Especially like you said, when some artists only did 5 sketch cards. I did pick up one of mine on the secondary market, though. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Ted,
You are 100% correct. It was Steven Miller. He signed it for me at the Philly Show years ago.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
That's still one of my favorite sets. You even managed to get one of my harder to find sketches.

Are you going to try to get any of the printing plates? I tried to get a set of 4 but can't seem to get more than 2 of any card.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
That's still one of my favorite sets. You even managed to get one of my harder to find sketches.

Are you going to try to get any of the printing plates? I tried to get a set of 4 but can't seem to get more than 2 of any card.

I think yo're the only artist that did Flash Gordon, I don't remember ever seeing another. And since it was so unique, I had to have it. Smile

I'm not concerned about the plates, especially since they're all 1/1 and were only sold on the secondary market (I think, I remember seeing them on Ebay a lot).

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up a few of the Printing Plates but did not try and get a set of 4 so don't know if was difficult.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WoofyTrades
posted Hide Post
This collection is 100% win. Congratulations and thanks for sharing Elephant

Posts: 22 | Location: Non-Sport Forum | Registered: November 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post