Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    I cant be the only one, can I???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I cant be the only one, can I???
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Hello all, I am Tunch and I collect celeb auto cards. Not any specific series or tv show just celeb autos of people I like or I have a emotional bond with in some way. Some of my favorites in my collection are my ;Depp, Dewitt, Gleason, O'Connor, Chef Ramsey and George Kennedy/L. Neilson combo (my first auto card). These are only some of the cards I collect and just like all of you find them priceless but as far as I've scene im the only one on this forum that collects this way. Everyone else seems to be mainly focused on one or two series like Alias or Charmed or LOTR or whatever else there is. Don't get me wrong I love to see peoples collections but where if at all are the people with the collecting style I have?
If anyone is interested in seeing what im talking about click on Gilberts face!

Thanks for your time and happy hunting!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tunch,

Posts: 8 | Location: IL | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While there are tons of completests and folks who only collect specific sets -- lots of collectors pick and choose autos and sketches for that matter just like you do -- myself included.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Guess you never read any of my posts. Wink

I consider myself a certified autograph card collector above all else. I do collect certain sets where the focus is mainly autographs and I have an interest in the title, but I hopscotch around to any product to pick up certified signatures of individual celebrities that I like.

As webjon said, lots of collectors pick and choose. It is the completists who are rapidly disappearing to my mind, for all the obvious reasons.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks webjon & Raven. Glad to hear im not alone! My brother-in-law got me started on this last year, before that I didn't even know this market existed. Now I have 5 card boxes of autos and fabrics and I don't plan on stopping!!!

Posts: 8 | Location: IL | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
Greetings!

I will admit that I pretty much only collect cetain sets from TV shows or movies that I really (really) liked.....However, I do try to pick up autos from actors/actresses that are from shows I liked but do not have an official set.

I also like autos from my faves Drool just to have them - prime example...Christopher Lee. Way back in the day I loved him as Dracula (etc). ...(don't throw rocks Eek but)...I did not like LOTR but have the Lee autos Thumb Up

If I can, I would like to pickup some different sketch cards and costume cards just cuz I think they are interesting Cool but have not done much of that yet...

And welcome to the forum Clap

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
The Pop Century sets are one of my favorite sets every year. I collect autograph cards based on the actor and not the set. In fact I sometimes have a hard time justifying paying for a card from an official set the actor is better known for. A good example is Jon Noble. I have 3 autograph cards of him and I paid around $50 for all 3 of them. I would like to have his Fringe card but I can't justify the $150 price tag for the same autograph.
I also sometimes pick based on the quality of the autograph. Erica Cerra's signature has gotten less legible with each set she signs for with Eureka, the series she's best known for, being the worst. Every one of Natasha Henstridge' autos for her Pop Century card run off the sticker so I bought her Outer Limits card. She has a large signature and her first name alone on the Outer Limits card is bigger than the entire sticker on the Pop Century card.

There are also some I refuse to buy based on the quality. At one time I had an almost complete Buffy set but I refuse to pay for most of Amber Benson's autographs.

I've never seen the Leslie Nielson/ George Kennedy card. That's a pretty cool pair. Was that a Pop Century card?

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
AUTOGRAPHS are why I got into the hobby!

Easy way to collect authentic, mostly affordale licenced autographs and no need for frames.

I'm just happy when a favourite 'celebrity' has their own autograph card [or i make one and send it off] and that's the main part of my collection.

I'm lucky to have pulled some good autographs out the pack in the few years I've been collecting but I don't hold onto everything I trade or pull, only those that interest me.

I know some people happily collect autographs for their own sake and I did that for a while until I decided to become more specific.

Happy collecting.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post