Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd Ebay Experience
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I have been bidding on ebay for 15 years. Today I tried bidding on a small item from a Canadian seller, who ships worldwide. Another person has bid on the card, as well.

When I tried to place my bid, a red screen came up and it said Sorry, the seller is not taking bids from you at this time ! Huh ??? I have never, ever seen something like this before

I have never purchased anything from this seller prior to this auction. Afterwards, I was able to successfully bid on 2 other auctions, from someone else

What does this mean ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, the seller is not taking bids from you at this time ! Huh ??? I have never, ever seen something like this before

Its the seller's prerogative not to accept bids from any buyer. They can block any/all incoming bids from a specific bidder id.

You are probably asking WHY you have been blocked & only the seller can tell you the reason why. Its probably a mistake right?

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i had the same recently here in the uk I had never bought from seller be for and the seller couldn't explain why either ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And when I tried emailing him thru ebay to ask what was going on, I received a message saying, sorry you are not allowed to contact the seller

Again, I have never had a transaction with this person before

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There have been some "technical issues" today I believe Roll Eyes . I won some cards from a USA bidder and when I tried to pay for them by clicking on the "pay now " link in the e-mail a red message came up saying the seller was suspended.

I knew this could not be correct as the seller was a power seller with tons of positive feedback who was selling items every day. I went into my ebay page and clicked on the pay now button for items won and everything went through without a hitch.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ebay randomly blocks bidders from Australia for me all the time which is a pain because i do a lot of business there. Then i get messages like "why are you blocking me" from even regular customers.

Ebay is like playing russian roulette now, except that if you are a seller you lose more often than 1 on 6 times.

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Clearly, the seller is omnipotent and judges us for the entirety of our actions, whether on Ebay or elsewhere. Time to clean up your act, David! Big Grin

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
And when I tried emailing him thru ebay to ask what was going on, I received a message saying, sorry you are not allowed to contact the seller

Again, I have never had a transaction with this person before

Perhaps get a friend with an eBay account to ask him why you are being blocked or have them bid for you...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post