Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Bad seller won't sell
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad seller won't sell
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
How annoying is this. I bid on two unopened boxes of James Bond (Ser.1 & 2 of Connoisseurs) and won them for an outrageously low price of just $21.
The seller has tried every trick in the book not to let me have them ranging from reneging on his agreement to sell them to New Zealand, to bumping the shipping costs to nearly $80. Finally, I found a friend in the same country as the seller (Canada) and he has agreed to receive the parcel and forward it on to me later. I then paid the seller inter-Canada shipping rates of nearly $30 and received an advice note from the 'bay saying that they instructed the seller to send. Now nothing. I have written twice to the seller asking for notification to say that the cards have been sent but nothing. I can see what will happen here, I will lodge a delivery failure notice, PayPal will refund my money and the case will be closed. The seller walks away with his two boxes and gets to list them again and hopes to make a better sale.
The whole deal sucks and I am filthy with revenge!!! Anyone know of someone who does drive-by's for a reasonable rate?

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'll take care of the little critter....
It's only 11597.67 miles from my house to his Wink

Amsterdam, NL 4.9167
Christchurch, NZ 172.6333

Yeah, I know I can be scary ...

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
By drive-by you mean egging his house, or TPing his house, right? Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
@MvG Actually, take a taxi, I'll cover your costs (maybe)

@STCardGeek: I don't know what TPing is but if it means Tping his whole house on its side then put me down for that.

@ both of you - stop trying to make me laugh, I'm still angry!!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I ran into this once. It was a single hockey card which I NEEDED for my personal collection.

I expected the card to sell for around $75 and bid accordingly, but I wound up winning for around $6.

I was pleased and paid as soon as I was invoiced by the seller, even though they had charged me double on shipping for some reason...

They never marked the item as shipped and refused to respond to any inquiry. I contacted the 'bay to no avail.

They never shipped the card, and I eventually requested a refund and left negative feedback.

They reposted the card the very next day for sell. I refused to bid, and it sold for $3 that time. I seriously doubt they got the card either.

Sorry to hear about your situation. It's sad, but some people are just jerks.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not the same but similar - bid on 3 cards 2 sketches plus a badge out bid at very low prices for full colour sketches - I was the only other bidder - cards relisted with bin 8 hours later

Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wuher,

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've allways said that winning an auction on ebay is one thing, getting the item is something else.

This gets even more so the lower price you win the item for.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I've allways said that winning an auction on ebay is one thing, getting the item is something else.

This gets even more so the lower price you win the item for.

The more the "bargain" the bigger the worry that you will not get the item!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
It raises the simple question that if the seller doesn't want an item to go for below a certain figure in their head, then why start the auction at such a low starting price? Confused
It's only a few pence/cents more to list at a higher value on evilbay.

Another good way to sell for what you'd like the item to go for is to use a Buy-It-Now with a Best Offer Option, then it's up to you to accept any offers for it. Of course you get some offers which are frankly stupidly low and a waste of everyone's time, but you can also add automatic accept and reject offer limits too.

There again, I'm an honest seller whenever I sell things online...I have a conscience and like to sleep well at night. Yeah, I'm a dying breed! Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The few times I have sold on ebay, I never list below of what I will take for the item.
The only thing I ever got was a seller tell me that I "stole" the card from them because I won the auction too low, that I should paypal them the appropriate amount the card was worth. I did not.
I did get the card, luckily in good condition, despite the fact that it was mailed in a plain white envelope with no penny sleeve or top loader to protect it.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one seller once who asked me for additional payment after I paid for the invoice he gave me.

In my first transaction with him, I bought a card at his posted price. After a few weeks, I won a bid bid from him and asked for the total and invoice. He updated the invoice and sent me. So , I paid him. The next day, he shipped my order and sent me a message telling me that he paid more for the shipping than what he asked from me and requested that I pay him the added cost.

I would have paid the extra that he requested, but decided to because he told me that I should pay the extra because he gave me a good item in the first transaction. But then, the price I paid for that card was more than what the card was actually sellinga and I paid him straight, not auction. Instead, I was just kind enough to mention in his feedback that the card was in mint condition as he described which made me buy it in the first place. His demand for me to pay the extra was rude, he made it sound like I owe him much.

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Another good way to sell for what you'd like the item to go for is to use a Buy-It-Now with a Best Offer Option, then it's up to you to accept any offers for it. Of course you get some offers which are frankly stupidly low and a waste of everyone's time, but you can also add automatic accept and reject offer limits too.

There again, I'm an honest seller whenever I sell things online...I have a conscience and like to sleep well at night. Yeah, I'm a dying breed! Smile

There is also an option in the bidding to set a minimum amount for the sale to be accepted once the bidding ends. There's a note just below the current highest bid that reads "reserve price not met".

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I hope that you report this seller to eBay, as he has not held up his end of the contract. If this guy has any prior issues, that could impact his continued ability to sell. You would likely get your money back, so you'd be no worse off than you were to begin with. The only downside is, you end up not getting a card that you rightfully won and paid for, just because some stupid seller did not get what he wanted for the card to begin with. Hey, seller, have you heard about opening bid prices or reserves?

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I've been there. I won a sweet Akroyd razor auto from Japan for a good price. I waited weeks and got nothing and when I filed a claim the seller said it was sent to the wrong address. I told him/her to give me the address and I will go get it personally, never got a response. Man I wanted that card!!!!!!

Posts: 8 | Location: IL | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Just curious, but is the seller from Aurora, Ontario?

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
Just curious, but is the seller from Aurora, Ontario?

What??? Two dishonest Canadians?? Can't be! No, actually they come from British Columbia.

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I found a seller that didn't wanted to ship me some Rittenhouse card packs because it looks that he didn't met his expectations (low price). The 1rst thing contacted me that he didn't combine shipping. Then he argued because I contact him. And finally the common excuse that something or somebody die in his family. He refunded the money because he didn't have time to deal with sales, but miraculously posted again the card packs and other items.

In December 2013. I found another seller who didn't met his expectations (low price). I believe the seller had an "error" in the S&H because he had $2 for Priority Mail. So I believe it was an error. He confused Priority with 1rst Class. Maybe he was just posting using copy-paste.

I won the auction. Then surprise. An invoice with a S&H of near $6 by Priority Mail. With my humble ingenuity. I look it and said fine. He noted the listing error and fix it. Okay, no problem. I paid without questions. So he is going to ship by Priority. Then another surprise. The seller don't have all the card packs available and wants to give some strange sport cards (I complain about it). The it comes from me the 1rst: "WTF!?". After some diplomatic and an offer of an Iron Man custom card. I believe everything was fine. Next day I see and check the Delivery Confirmation. Another surprise. The USPS said the DC was for a "package service" not for Priority. I contacted the seller and tell him that I paid for Priority Mail not 1rst Class package. So after more diplomacy he print the Priority postage.

In the end. Communication and patience was the key.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kane1,

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just won a card bid a few hours ago. Then after a few minutes the seller posted the same card pic but at a fixed price. And he still has not updated the shipping cost we agreed on. I hope I get the exact card I bid on though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: juke,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I'm in the middle of a dispute at the moment, but with a twist. I got the card, which went for about half of what I was prepared to pay. Unfortunately, it isn't from the set stated (It's a sketch). The seller is insisting I bear the cost of returning it. No way! More to follow...

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll do it at a lower rate but there will be shipping costs.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post