Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Bad seller won't sell
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad seller won't sell
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No offence but, I've had 3 bad Ebay experiences and they came from 3 different sellers, all in Austin Texas.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomsche
posted Hide Post
I often used eBay to trade off a now defunct hobby (wargaming) and usually start all lots at dump pirzes.

If they go that low, my loss, if they go for a good price, my gain, but I never used the `bay for pure profits. Chances are you won`t get rid of the stuff that way anyways.

Same for some rare ccg cards and such, I list them, let it run it`s 7 day course and if it goes, it goes, otherwise it`ll be just in binders and boxes anyways without conventions or trade meetings in this little country.

STUDS promos

Posts: 14 | Location: Antwerp | Registered: March 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tomsche:
it`ll be just in binders and boxes anyways without conventions or trade meetings in this little country.

There's a show in your country featuring trading card sellers. It's called 'Facts' in Gent, Belgium. www.facts.be Yearly in October. Worth a visit.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
This happened to me twice on Charmed Season 1 autograph cards.

Back when the cards were at their peak, I almost got a Holly Marie Combs and Shannen Doherty for $50 combine and moments before the auction close the seller cancelled the auction and closed it down!

Really, if they want a minimum -rather than offering people a real bargain deal - they should be upfront and put a reserve on it.
At least then the seller makes it clear to bidder than if the reserve isn't met, there's not guarantee they can have the product at a rock bottom price.
Should probably be more legislation in place to try and tackle this recurring issue.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post