Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    I need a price(s) on X-files cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a price(s) on X-files cards
 Login/Join

posted
Can Anyone tell me what a season 3 uncut etched (6) sheet and proof sheet for the etched are worth

And an over size A5? promo for season 2 it has a picture of a card from the set on the cover, think its the same as the A4 Ad flyer/sellsheet

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hosie,

Posts: 48 | Location: Australia | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are you asking about the full regular set 72-card sheet or the etched foil 6-card sheet? I don't see any sales for those even in the old guides. I do see 6-card sheets being offered for roughly $16-35. I wouldn't even guess at a price for full sheet. I'll leave that to those who have bought or sold one before.

I haven't seen one of the Season 2 oversized promos sell in several years. I found one maybe 15 years ago for $5 when they were going for $10-20. I think it would still be in that range. Topps X-Files promos seem to have peaked in value in the early 2000's and have slid since then in general.

quote:
Originally posted by hosie:
Can Anyone tell me what a season 3 uncut (9) sheet and proof sheet uncut (9) are worth

And an over size A5? promo for season 2 it has a picture of a card from the set on the cover, think its the same as the A4 Ad flyer/sellsheet

Thanks

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
I have spares of all the X-files promos and the 6-card etched foil panel but not seen or heard of the 9 card sheet you're mentioning... Might list some and see what prices I get !? Thumb Up

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
I have spares of all the X-files promos and the 6-card etched foil panel but not seen or heard of the 9 card sheet you're mentioning... Might list some and see what prices I get !? Thumb Up

Opps its the 6 etched foil for season3. I haven't seen a season 3 for sale in years,

I was talking about the contact 9 chase cards to someone else when I typed it.

Posts: 48 | Location: Australia | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Are you asking about the full regular set 72-card sheet or the etched foil 6-card sheet? I don't see any sales for those even in the old guides. I do see 6-card sheets being offered for roughly $16-35. I wouldn't even guess at a price for full sheet. I'll leave that to those who have bought or sold one before.

I haven't seen one of the Season 2 oversized promos sell in several years. I found one maybe 15 years ago for $5 when they were going for $10-20. I think it would still be in that range. Topps X-Files promos seem to have peaked in value in the early 2000's and have slid since then in general.

quote:
Can Anyone tell me what a season 3 uncut (9) sheet and proof sheet uncut (9) are worth

Thanks

My mistake I was chatting to someone about the 9 chase cards for the contact set as I was typing

Its the etched 6 foil cards for season 3 which I need a pice on and haven't seen it for sale in years, seasons 1 & 2 are common but the season 3 is Very rare

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Roxanne Toser had a Season 3 etched foil sheet in a lot with Season 1 and 2 sheets in an auction back in 2010. You can try finding out what that ended up at and figure most of the winning bid went toward the Season 3 one.

Why is the Season 3 sheet rarer? Was it not a case topper like the other two?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Roxanne Toser had a Season 3 etched foil sheet in a lot with Season 1 and 2 sheets in an auction back in 2010. You can try finding out what that ended up at and figure most of the winning bid went toward the Season 3 one.

Why is the Season 3 sheet rarer? Was it not a case topper like the other two?

No Idea why they are so rare. If they were case toppers they should be as common as season 1 & 2 are. It took me 10 years to find and buy and in that time I might have seen 3 or 4 for sale only
I can't recall how long ago I last saw one on ebay (us). And the over size A5 promo for season 2 is even more rare.
hence why I am asking for peoples opinions on pricing. lets face it the only way to find out a real price is by listing them. But at this stage I am only thinking about selling

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Allender lists the Season 3 etched foil sheet as a case bonus. Maybe Season 3 was a smaller print run.

The oversized Season 2 promo was not that difficult for me to find back then or maybe I was just lucky - got it at a collectibles show. Some collectors didn't like oversized cards so they didn't go for that promo nor the uncut etched foil sheets.

posted Hide Post
Season 3 may have a slightly smaller print run but going by how many boxes are for sale compared to season 1 & 2 boxes it looks about the same. If they were a case bonus you would expect a similar amount of the season 3 etched as those of 1 & 2 .
Maybe they were intended as a case bonus but for whatever reasons they were never include.
Anyway I still need a price.
We almost never have collectible shows in Australia that have non sport trading cards and those that do might only have 1 or 2 sellers.
I got lucky getting my season 3 etched as the person listed it as a season 2.
I pointed it out to them at the time but they never change the Ad for it . I got lucky with the over size as I bought a full set of cards with my first binder and had all the promos and A4 flyers for seasons 1 & 2 ( i think. it's hard to remember what got and where )

posted Hide Post
quote:
Can Anyone tell me what a season 3 uncut etched (6) sheet and proof sheet for the etched are worth

Thanks

UPDATE
The season 3 Etched (proof) sheet hasn't been etched. I just compared it to a normal cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hosie,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the Season 2 oversized promo:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see an X-Files Season 2 oversized promo sold for $46 with 3 bids on January 16.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see one of the Season 3 6-card sheets being offered from Australia right now...wants $16.86 plus just over $8 shipping.

quote:
quote:

Thanks

UPDATE
The season 3 Etched (proof) sheet hasn't been etched. I just compared it to a normal cards