Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    So... which 1 Card Means the MOST to You?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So... which 1 Card Means the MOST to You?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Here is a better shot of the certificate.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
beamer . . . I think you just made a lot of Dexter collectors sick. Big Grin

Now that is what I call a prop card. Thumb Up

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow Beamer, that card is amazing Thumb Up
And to have a set of all seven Eek Awesome Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Those Dexter cards are fabulous! I love the show but never started collecting the cards because there are just too many other sets out there waiting for my money. Now I'm glad I didn't because it would be impossible to complete the set anyway.

I also REALLY like that Wizard of Oz costume card. You have some great stuff Beamer!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow i dont even watch that show but i love that card, Beamer! Congrats!!

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one is my all-time favorite since I pulled it from only box I bought.

These are the other favorites that I've purchased!

Posts: 30 | Location: Washington State | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John91C:
This one is my all-time favorite since I pulled it from only box I bought.

Wow John, such a great pull Eek and I like the Alba too Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Mine is a recent addition:

There is a story behind this. I am a huge fan of The Tudors and just love the cards, and spent alot of money collecting them! I saw it first in the SDCC mystery packs thread, and fell in love with it. But thought I could never afford it.

Well I won one for $18 and was thrilled! So I waited, and waited, for it to come in the mail. It didn't so assumed it was lost and got a refund from the seller. I was so dissapointed. Frown Back I go looking for another one.

I saw a seller that had 3 for a reasonable, although naturally more than $17, BIN price. I emailed to see if he could send scans of the cards so I could choose after purchasing. This he kindly did and I immediatley knew this was the one for me. My eyes were drawn to Anne's swatch, which has red embroidery. I have not seen another example of her dress with red in either the single or 5 swatch cards, just plain fabric and gold embroidery. Also two of the other costume pieces are quite unique and different to what I already have. With the refund from card number 1 (and another card I had bought at the same time), only £4 had to come out of my bank account.

When it arrived it really did look as good "in person" as it did back on that SDCC thread. Clap

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post

This one always will be one of my sentimental favorites. It was given to me by a friend who has since passed away. We were both big Michael Caine fans since our first viewing of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (after which we tried grifting ourselves, being impressionable kids at the time).
He was never big into cards, but I was bragging about pulling Katie Holmes and Cillian Murphy autographs out of recent boxes. I mentioned Caine/Oldman/Neeson also signing for the set, and for my next birthday, he gave me the Caine - in a ridiculously huge box that I was convinced was full of air... He'd taped the card to the inside wall of the box Big Grin

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
And that is one amazing set Beamer!
One day, I'd love to own a official Tom Breyer autograph as well. One can only dream! Eek

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Technically, I have 2 favorite cards. But if I had to choose just one, it'd have to be the Hugh Jackman/Wolverine autograph from Topps X-Men the Movie.

Why? This is THE card that introduced me to the hobby. I was mostly into video games, comics, & movies at the time, but by some odd chance, I found this card while surfing ebay. I didn't know that actors signed trading cards. I mean, who would want an actor's autograph anyways? And on a card? It's so small. I can go to an A's game and get my hat signed instead.

But it was sitting there on ebay for only $20, and combined with the fact that it was Wolverine's autograph (Hugh Jackman who?) and a cool "souvenir" from a comic book movie, I decided to bid. Little did I know, that card went for over $100+. I was shocked. I didn't want to spend that much. Not worth it....

Some time later, I went to a new comic shop and noticed they had a bunch of Topps X-Men packs. I bought a few and got a Lauren Schuler-Donner autograph. I was hooked right then & there. I bought 20 more packs on my credit card. I needed to know what else was in there. That's when I pulled not 1, but 2 Wolverine autograph cards. I was so happy!

I ended up collecting every single card I could find related to that set. When i was done, I branched out to other card sets and even authentic movie props. I started reading forums and talking about cards. All of this because of ONE card. If I had not found this hobby, I'd probably be 1) richer Razz and 2) tired-er? since I'd probably be hooked on something else, like online gaming. Thankfully, I never got into WoW. I heard that addiction can ruin lives...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Booker,

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's an interesting story Booker. I'm also addicted to getting every card from the first X-Men movie, but so far these have alluded me - 1. the unnumbered promo (if it even exists), 2. the Patrick Stewart autograph card, 3. the unsigned Stewart and Paquin cards. Do you have any of these?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Lots of nice cards Guys and Gals . This thread was very cool btw . Nice to know i am not the only geek out there who loves cards as much as i do . Just wanted to update mine from the Fords to a Sports Auto i got in Person as a kid in the early 80's . I was in Fort Lauderdale where the Yankees spring training camp was . Waiting outside the fence maybe with one or two other people . Billy Martin walked by going to George Steinbreners office . I asked for a autograph and he said after the meeting . Speed ahead three hours and alot of people are gathered now . He came out of the office walked over to me signed my card and walked away saying thanks for waiting enjoy . People always said he was a drunk , a bad person but that day told me different . That would be my favorite auto between sports and entertainment . I know it's not an insert and really not non sports but i just had to fix my favorite . I think thats what really got me into collecting non sport autograph cards as well as sports auto's.

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
That's an interesting story Booker. I'm also addicted to getting every card from the first X-Men movie, but so far these have alluded me - 1. the unnumbered promo (if it even exists), 2. the Patrick Stewart autograph card, 3. the unsigned Stewart and Paquin cards. Do you have any of these?

1) I believe the unnumbered promo is the "X" logo card that was bundled with the Storm promo. It's made from a thinner card stock and has a yellow backing with some advertisement. I'm working on my photobucket for this set, so eventually I'll get a scan up.

2) Yes, I have Prof X. I pack pulled him, but sold it for $400. I bought it back again a few years later for $200. Still, I'd rather have my pack pulled version. The excitement of pulling it is something I'll never forget.

3) I've seen the Stewart & Paquin unsigned autos for $100+ each but didn't bid because I already have the signed versions. It's the exact same card so I don't need it for the master set. I did buy a Bryan Singer unsigned, but only because it was dirt cheap. If I ever met him in person, I'd ask him to sign it in gold paint pen to match the Prof X.

Nice score on the Halle Berry unsigned. I heard there were only 3-5 copies made. I had a chance to buy a full master set for $900 BIN a few years ago that included the Halle Berry. But instead, I put in a bid, and ended up losing at the last second. I should have just bought it instead of being cheap Roll Eyes

PS. I saw a James Marsden auto signed "Cyclops" in red ink on ebay once. The seller claimed he pack pulled it and put up a super high BIN. I have no idea if it's real or not, but I've never seen it again.

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
So you are saying this is the unnumbered promo card? If you're sure I can cross it off my list, that would be great.

Sorry I'm getting off topic X. If you request it I will gladly delete this post, or put it elsewhere.

posted Hide Post
Yes sir, that's the one. I created a thread about it several years ago but can't find it now. I remember everyone agreeing that it's the unnumbered promo.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
So you are saying this is the unnumbered promo card? If you're sure I can cross it off my list, that would be great.

Sorry I'm getting off topic X. If you request it I will gladly delete this post, or put it elsewhere.

The warden is checking in here to give his stamp of approval to this dialogue...

...seriously, don't be mental. Talk about what you want. Better than having a dead thread.

For what it's worth, back when I was collecting X-Men The Movie many moons ago I also came to the conclusion that the thin stock card with yellow backing was the 'unnumbered' promo listed on Jeff Allender's site.

Speaking of the unsigned autographs, I picked up an unsigned Stewart a while back and the next time he does a show in the UK I intend to get him to sign the card in thin blue sharpie to match the rest of the auto run. I think that would be so cool.

I bet you're kicking yourself you didn't pick that master set up, doubt you'd have much luck picking up a Halle Berry for $900!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I got the Halle Berry kind of cheap, I guess, a couple hundred dollars. But if she let me pick her up for $900 I'd have to think about it.

posted Hide Post
I wouldn't pay $900 for the Halle Berry alone, but combined with all the other autos/costumes, it was a steal. Since the auction title was worded oddly, I thought I could win it on the cheap. But I ended up getting sniped and that was it. Twak