Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    So... which 1 Card Means the MOST to You?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So... which 1 Card Means the MOST to You?
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not in the same league as some as the others, but the card I chased after for a long time before winning was the Linda Hamilton autograph from Terminator 2 Film Cardz. I kept getting beat in the closing seconds of auctions for a couple of years, so that's the one I remember most.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Cardaddict and Stargaterules, very nice cards Luv You

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I think Indy trumps Solo for me. Either way... Drool worthy cards!

hehe thanks , I also think the Indy auto is better looking and fewer were made . 12-15 Star Wars but only 8 of the Indy . But Star Wars is a big part of my life (Tattoos, Online gaming etc . ) Still looking for the Speilberg and Lucas Heritage auto's . I have a bad feeling i may never see one again .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I think Indy trumps Solo for me. Either way... Drool worthy cards!

I love Indy more, but I like the Star Wars 30th Solo design better. I can see why he made it a tie then Eek

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HPCollector2011:
You wouldn't still have that list, would you?

It's here: http://www.the-master-list.com/

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been a big Xena fan I would have to say mine is a Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Conner dual auto.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlexC:
Been a big Xena fan I would have to say mine is a Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Conner dual auto.

I'd love to see a picture of it Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here yo go, Smile

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Not in the same league as some as the others, but the card I chased after for a long time before winning was the Linda Hamilton autograph from Terminator 2 Film Cardz. I kept getting beat in the closing seconds of auctions for a couple of years, so that's the one I remember most.

I always worry others will be put off mentioning less expensive cards in threads like these when other people's favourites are a tad more expensive. If someone's favourite is a $20 autograph then that's cool with me - I'd just be interested to hear why!

Sure you're Hamilton didn't cost as much as a Harrison Ford but her T2 card usually always draws in some strong bids because the design is great, it has a good picture of Sarah Connor and Linda Hamilton's signature is fantastic. Not to mention she was brilliant in the role. Its a great card and one I have alwats admired from afar! I think a picture of it would be a great addition to the thread.

NB. Such a shame Arnie didn't sign for the set.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
AlexC what a fantastic card!
That's definitely one to go on my wish list, I grew up on Hercules and Xena, so seeing that brings back lots of memories!

Raven, I totaly want to see the Linda Hamilton auto.
I came into this non-sport collecting late, so I haven't seen alot of these cards at all.
Judgement Day is one of my favourite action movies, shame to hear Arnie didn't sign.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I always worry others will be put off mentioning less expensive cards in threads like these when other people's favourites are a tad more expensive. If someone's favourite is a $20 autograph then that's cool with me - I'd just be interested to hear why!

Sure you're Hamilton didn't cost as much as a Harrison Ford but her T2 card usually always draws in some strong bids because the design is great, it has a good picture of Sarah Connor and Linda Hamilton's signature is fantastic. Not to mention she was brilliant in the role. Its a great card and one I have alwats admired from afar! I think a picture of it would be a great addition to the thread.

NB. Such a shame Arnie didn't sign for the set.

I have been wanting to get that T2 Linda Hamilton auto for a long time now. I remember seeing them sell for under $100 a few years back and balked at that price. Now I haven't seen one under $200 in ages. Sarah Connor would have to be one of my favourite movie characters of all time.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Arnie signed for T3 though.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I will go with my Danny Elfman Sleepy Hollow auto. I own every soundtrack he has done and enjoy listening to him do commentary on Batman and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
Arnie signed for T3 though.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I would love to have that card. One of my favourite actors ever because he's just so bad he's good. I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on anything related to Terminator 3!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I'd like the Arnie auto, too. I'll have to be satisfied with the Batman & Robin one as I can't see myself spending big bucks for the T3 one.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Thanks X, I wish I could drop a picture, but I don't use a scanner at home. You know what it looks like, but for those who don't there are 3 on that website now, no bargains I'm afraid. The T2 cards were from Artbox and the predominant color is black, so the head shot photos on the autograph cards are kind of dim against the background. But the autograph space is light gray and big, so the signatures really stand out and that is the best feature after all. The Robert Patrick auto card that I also have from this set is very hard to land too.

You're right, sometimes the hardest cards to get are in the $90 - $150 range because they are usually limited and moderately expensive, but not so expensive as to be out of reach for many potential buyers. It takes patience and luck to get a good deal when there is a lot of demand.

And your Brosnan is a terrific looking card, I may have said that before, but its worth saying twice. Smile

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Oh wow Raven, it really IS nice Eek Smile

Another one for my wishlist. Big Grin Twak
So did everyone(main characters) apart from Arnie sign for T2? I'm going to have to go and check Jeffs list now, I want autos from them all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
So did everyone(main characters) apart from Arnie sign for T2? I'm going to have to go and check Jeffs list now, I want autos from them all.

Yes, because T2 had a really small cast. There are only 8 autograph cards, Patrick and Hamilton are the expensive ones. Edward Fulong never really did anything else so its only medium range, less for Joe Morton. The brothers Stanton and Boen were minor characters and they are cheap. The Stantons dual autograph card was I believe a box or case topper. That's the one I'm still missing, but I never really looked for it much. Maybe I should.

There are also costume/film cards that are in the set and they are kind of nice too, if you're interested. Happy hunting. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love that Lawless/O'Connor dual auto

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
It is a hard pick but I think overall this one is the most special to me:

It was the most money I've EVER spent on a card but it was well worth it Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post