Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    time vs. Organization vs space
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

time vs. Organization vs space
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
I have found that over the past few years, I have had less time for organizing my collection. I still buy, still make the base set from a box and get the chase cards out and then something happens. Promos get place where ever. Cards get stuck in this box or that box. Space has become an issue. What are ideas that you all have for maxing out your space while waiting to sort your cards?!
Maybe I am the only one that has this issue.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Nope. You are not alone, my friend. I, too, have that problem.

I collect both sport / non-sport. I have some boxes with multiple sports and multiple non-sport sets.

Time is the major issue for me. When I was younger, I would buy a box to open and a storage box at the same time. I would open, sort, and organize all in the same sitting. My job in those days was less time consuming.

Now, I have a plan to organize it all, but no time to execute...

Space is an issue. Part of my plan is to trade / give away some of my duplicates, but I have to organize it for that to happen.

What a wondrous / vicious cycle...

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Same problem. I have to force myself to make the base set and box it up right away. Autograph cards, which is my main collection, must be put where they belong as soon as I get them. If I wait to do it, the pile just grows and grows and by the time I decide to tackle it, it has become a chore.

There is an old saying about when you have too much, at some point the things you own begin to own you. I feel like that sometimes. Big Grin

Posts: 10405 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
The space is really a problem and getting storage supplies can be headache. Years ago I always have or try to build a 2nd set of every set. Now is only one.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a real problem with me as well. We just moved and are unpacking, my cards are scattered throughout. Now is a good time to reorganize though not easy!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post