Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Babylon 5 Autograph Card run - pic heavy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Babylon 5 Autograph Card run - pic heavy
 Login/Join

posted
Okay... I think this is my last complete set for a while (unless something miraculous happens with any of my grail cards)...

One card per character / actor from across the different Babylon 5 sets, including the CCGs...

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection. I'm a Harlan Ellison book collector, but I never watched Babylon 5. Maybe I should rent the DVDs.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Maybe I should rent the DVDs.

I resisted watching Babylon 5 for a good few years - it was airing its final episodes when I finally succumbed and starting watching. My main point of resistance was just how bad some of the early episodes are. The first season is... not that great. But it's necessary as there are so many 'pay-offs' later on based on things that happened.

Ultimately, what it turned into is one of the finest long-stories television has ever shown. It's funny, it's dramatic, it's incredibly well-written. The special effects are great.

Watch it.

Then collect the cards.

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched this show quite recently from start to finish, I can say without doubt this series had the best ending episode I have ever seen for any sci-fi show, perhaps even any TV show ever.

Brought a tear to my eye...

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Great collection!

No JMS auto though? I don't think he was ever in any of the actual episodes himself, but he created it! lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

No JMS auto though? I don't think he was ever in any of the actual episodes himself, but he created it! lol

Oh... I totally forgot to scan that one in... there is a JMS auto - it was part of the 'Complete' set. It's cause it's sealed in a top loader and I have it stored in a different binder. Silly me.

I shall update when I get a chance.

As to him being in Babylon 5... he was in the final episode. There's a scene where an engineer turns off the power to the station, and that's JMS.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
oh cool! I did not know that!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rickll68
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the Mira Furlan Special Edition autograph pulled from the packs has a Skybox Indentation stamp...Reason I ask is that I recently obtained one that doesn't and understand she had received some of the cards from Skybox for her personal used at signings and conventions and I'm just trying to understand which variation I got. If anyone knows this answer to this mystery, please let me know. Any input would be appreciated Confused

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simon1978:
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

Oh... I totally forgot to scan that one in... there is a JMS auto - it was part of the 'Complete' set. It's cause it's sealed in a top loader and I have it stored in a different binder. Silly me.

I shall update when I get a chance.

As to him being in Babylon 5... he was in the final episode. There's a scene where an engineer turns off the power to the station, and that's JMS.

Great scans, also like how you have the actors whom have "gone beyond the rim" so to speak, RB, AK, JC and now sadly Michael O'Hare. =Frown

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never watched any of this but the cards look great.i just wondered if all the main actors signed for this tv show??

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
I have never watched any of this but the cards look great.i just wondered if all the main actors signed for this tv show??

I've just had a scan down the list of cast members on IMDB, just to refresh my memory, and my answer is 'I believe so'. Unless I'm missing something obvious, every main cast member signed, as did the vast majority of recurring guest stars. Just like any auto set from a TV series, there are gaps from the guest-star cast that I'd like to be filled, but it's a decent run of autos when you take in all the different series.