Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards To Watch
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
And you're forgetting her bestselling cookbook, "Fun With Food". We may never know what changed her mind! Big Grin
I don’t come on here as much as I should, but she did two east coast book signings for that ‘cookbook’. She signed “SMG” on all of them. Some people that got the book at the Barnes & Noble signing were so angered they returned the signed book and got their money back. It’s certainly the worst autograph I own. Glad she actually signed her name on the autograph cards.

I did order that signed edition from B&N and it came back "XOXO Sarah Michelle", which is better than "SMG" and it cost little. Surely she knows that when her autograph is not free, paying customers deserve her full and very legible signature, but you have to watch out with her. I think she was doing "SMG" at personal paid show signings too, so if you contract anything from her make sure you have a guarantee for a full signature.

To me the best bet for demand and certification is one of her 4 RA Buffy cards that are either FB, B, GOLD or with the Relic. Some of them were selling under $200 for what was an original set SRP around $399, so if you waited to buy it worked out well. The main thing after the full autograph is that its on a licensed Buffy item.

Geller is now very much like what Emilia Clarke looks like she will become in a few years. Both of them have lots of fans because the character they played has lots of fans. Take the role away and there is not so much there. Wink

mykdude, I didn't know what Waddingham even looked liked under that GoT costume until I saw the Emmy photos. She's what they call in my neighborhood a 3Bs, Big Bosomy Blonde. That's not an insult, most 3Bs are proud of the attention. Smile

SMG was also supposed to do fan photos, as had been advertised on B&N’s website, but she’d just had botox and it was quite obvious. The whole thing was a fiasco and I wasted a sick day from work. I subsequently picked up her RA signed costume card for under $200 last year.

Yeah that wasn't done well at all. They should have at least honored the photo if SMG was all we were going to get.

Val

Curt Smith from Tears for Fears Eek

Also, this may not be a “Card To Watch” because I doubt it will shoot up higher than it is, but Adrian Edmondson signed for some iteration of Star Wars. There are just soooooo many. Anyway, those of us of a certain age might remember him from a British show called “The Young Ones” and “The Comic Strip”. I’m sure he has plenty of other British credits that I’ve overlooked. He also happens to be Mr. Jennifer Saunders. I think I picked up the card for $12

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Vyvyan signed! looking for one now!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Wow! I don't know if it's a card to watch or not but the 2001 Betty Boop set has a Richard Fleischer (son of Max) autograph card.

Director of:
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Vikings
Barabbas
Fantastic Voyage
Doctor Dolittle
Boston Strangler
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Soylent Green
Mr Majestyk
The Jazz Singer
Conan the Destroyer and Red Sonja.

Not a bad pick up for $20

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Jean Smart has cleaned up at the TV awards gauntlet.

Emmy, Golden Globe, SAG Award, Critics Choice Awards and Television Critics

Paul Wesley from Vampire Diaries has just been selected to play Captain Kirk in Strange New Worlds.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Wow! I don't know if it's a card to watch or not but the 2001 Betty Boop set has a Richard Fleischer (son of Max) autograph card.

Director of:
The Vikings
Barabbas
Fantastic Voyage
Doctor Dolittle
Boston Strangler
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Soylent Green
Mr Majestyk
The Jazz Singer

I have this one, great card to have.Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

Director of:
The Vikings
Barabbas
Fantastic Voyage
Doctor Dolittle
Boston Strangler
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Soylent Green
Mr Majestyk
The Jazz Singer

I have this one, great card to have.Smile

For sure, I picked one up a while ago for $5.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just saw that Max Greenfield's Veronica Mars Season one A1 autograph is now selling in the $18-30 range. Movin' on up. Somebody better get one of those before it explodes.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I have another card to watch for autograph collectors. It's Max Greenfield's Veronica Mars Season 1 A-9 card. He went on to star in "The New Girl" which ran for 7 seasons and is in "The Neighborhood, currently in its third season. His card has sold recently in the $4-8 range and at most in the $15-20 range. If he gets into a big franchise in the future, that card could make a big jump.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I just saw that Max Greenfield's Veronica Mars Season one A1 autograph is now selling in the $18-30 range. Movin' on up. Somebody better get one of those before it explodes.
[/QUOTE]

He is so awful on his show, I don't know if they want him to look that stupid, or if he is really that bad an actor.

Nearly the whole run of Veronica Mars autograph cards are in easy reach. Even Carpenter is under $70. Ritter seems to be asking a little more.

The two exceptions are Bell, who was always the highest one, and the even more upwardly mobile Amanda Seyfried, who climbed up from a $20 common to asking $800 and better. The Seyfried wasn't hard to find in the Razor Ink boxes, so that was a better card than Bell to make money. Not sure if the time to watch hasn't passed on it though.

I really have trouble believing that any modern autograph card is worth even close to $1,000 unless its super limited, with a super signer, who is super dead. Obviously the market says differently, but that would be my standard. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Wow! Just picked up some Ritu Arya's from Dr Who really cheap. She plays Lila on the Umbrella Academy.

Britne Oldford who plays Fei has some reasonable AHS cards she signed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
When I see what some of those autographs from the Jack@ss "performers" (or, even worse, those nonsense child-like drawings Gary Vee did) are selling for, I can't help but think an autograph card of anyone with actual talent should at this point, be worth a minimum of a thousand bucks.

We're watching "The Dropout" now with Amanda Seyfried. She's got a great shot at the Emmy for her work in this, which can only help her card value. I keep mine with my "Twin Peaks" autograph set since she appeared in the new season a couple of years ago.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
When I see what some of those autographs from the Jack@ss "performers"

They're not even nice looking cards. I have noticed some ink bleeding on many of the Knoxville signatures.

Seyfried has an impressive body of work. As a collector you kinda hope she doesn't sign anymore cards. Wink

Also looks like Jake Epstein signed for ST Discovery. Another really cheap one from this season of Umbrella Academy.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Watching the Stallone film Samaritan and decided to look up Pilou Asbaek on IMDB.

He is in the next Salem's Lot, Aquaman and an interesting looking film called I.S.S.

"When a world war event occurs on Earth, America and Russia, both nations secretly contact their astronauts aboard the ISS and give them instructions to take control of the station by any means necessary."

His Game of Thrones sigs are still in the affordable range.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
If anyone is paying attention to the next Star Wars series "Andor" Genevieve O'Reilly (Mon Mothma) is listed in every episode. Reports are her character will be brought out into the forefront and undergo much development.

Plenty of cheap autos out there right now.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Bumped this one back up in the hopes that it can be used to give card collectors a heads up. Unlike the thread for cards that have "significantly increased", this one was supposed to be a lookout for cards on the rise, but not yet at the point of being unaffordable. Good cards or hot cards, but not yet great cards.

So with that in mind, both of Lizzy Caplan's autograph cards from "True Blood" have gotten a bump in the last month. The reason is the reimaged as a TV show "Fatal Attraction" that has started streaming recently. I don't know if it's worth watching, but Caplan has the Glenn Close role, and that was a character that a lot of men in particular remember. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post