Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards To Watch
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Dean-Charles Chapman who played a couple of roles on "Game of Thrones" (including short-lived King Tommen Baratheon) and signed for Rittenhouse is one of the stars of the new movie "1917" which has already won the Golden Globe for Best Picture (drama) and could do the same at the Oscars.

I've seen it, and it's very much a World War I version of "Saving Private Ryan".

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
If you wanted to do one of mykdude's collages for a movie with only autographed sports cards, "Blue Chips" might be the one that you could get the most for --

Actually love that movie. Will have to check out the autograph options. Thinking the Shaq will be a bit high.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Thinking the Shaq will be a bit high.

Nah not high, you can easily find a Shaq certified autograph card between $30 - $40. You just have to pick the lesser generic makers or post-playing years ones.

The sports card market only has high demand for current superstars and hot rookies in general. For Hall of Famers, only certain cards will continue to hold high value and that's only for a few selected athletics that stay in the public eye. With few exceptions, retirement means forgotten in sports cards, even for a Hall of Fame career.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Dean-Charles Chapman who played a couple of roles on "Game of Thrones" (including short-lived King Tommen Baratheon) and signed for Rittenhouse is one of the stars of the new movie "1917" which has already won the Golden Globe for Best Picture (drama) and could do the same at the Oscars.

I've seen it, and it's very much a World War I version of "Saving Private Ryan".

Daniel Mays (also in the film) has some really low priced Star Wars autograph cards. Just picked one up for $8. Adrian Scarborough Dr Who sigs are super cheap as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Also, Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr. Strange) and Richard Madden (King Robb Stark), but those will cost a little more. Smile

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Also from Game of Thrones, Jessica Henwick. She has a large role in Underwater coming out now and a few projects in the works including Kong vs. Godzilla.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Also from Game of Thrones, Jessica Henwick. She has a large role in Underwater coming out now and a few projects in the works including Kong vs. Godzilla.

Yeah, looks like Kristen Stewart has another bomb on her hands. (seems to be her thing) Kong vs Godzilla certainly has my attention. I will look into the Henwick sig. Matrix 4 looks like a good entry for her plus a few Star Wars cards as well.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What about Charlie Cox? I recently found his Daredevil autograph for $60 (and another recently sold on eBay for $60). Not dirt cheap, but the rumors keep swirling that he's likely to reprise his role as Daredevil in the MCU when the rights revert from Netflix.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
What about Charlie Cox? I recently found his Daredevil autograph for $60 (and another recently sold on eBay for $60). Not dirt cheap, but the rumors keep swirling that he's likely to reprise his role as Daredevil in the MCU when the rights revert from Netflix.

Also liked him in Boardwalk Empire.

Both Maisie Williams and Tom Payne are on lists of actors to watch in 2020. Always thought Williams was a better actress than Sophie and I guess Tom's new post Walking Dead show is doing well.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

That's crazy cheap. His cards are multiple times that amount here. Most recent sale was £300.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Troian Bellisario

Kind of surprised with as popular as Pretty Little Liars was that her JAG card hardly moved.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A couple of days ago, I was looking at Ebay completed auctions for different things and noticed how cheaply Julian Glover's autograph goes for. At the lower end it's $5-10 and $20-30 at the high end. Here's a good actor who's been in and signed for numerous big franchise sets (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Doctor Who, Avengers, and Game of Thrones) along with other shows (Blake's 7, Space 1999). If you keep an eye on his cards, you could get a great deal without waiting too long.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Always thought Williams was a better actress than Sophie

If you only judge from GOT, I give Turner a bit of a pass because she didn't have as many interesting character moments. I loved Arya in the books. Thumb Up

quote:
Also from Game of Thrones, Jessica Henwick..

Also Star Wars. Wave

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the time I was thinking about the Kirsten Dunst and Julian Glover autographs I was also thinking about an older card but it seemed to have settled into a range it was not going to move out of. It's the rare hologram from the Vampirella Gallery set (Topps, 1995). The front shows a classic rendition of Vampirella by Jose Gonzalez from 1972. The hologram offers the effect of looking at the work through a time portal before it became reprinted at least a few times as a poster and before it inspired a number of artists with their renditions of the character. I see there is at least one collectible statue honoring the work as well.

I remember the card being worth $30-40 out of the box. It was inserted roughly one per 10 boxes. One of my friends pulled one out of a pack and he showed it to me around mid-1996. It's a great card whether as comic book history, vintage horror, or pin-up.

It was in $40-50 range by 2008 but then it dropped in value like a lot of cards by 2015. I saw one offered for as low as $20 around that time. I had bought one by late 1996 and passed on it.

A couple of years ago, I noticed it was selling for $30-40 again and thought it would hold at that value. However, it appears with the interest in the two Vampirella sets released by Dynamite in the past couple of years some collectors are looking to see what was offered in the past. I saw one card sold for $70 in the past couple of months and that got me wondering if that was just an isolated impulse buy or an indicator of a trend.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that buyers that want certain cards leave their purchasing too late and get caught out with the price rise .
For example the Serenity case card CL1 sat dormant for years .I wanted one but very few came up or i was not notified by my watch list as it had been described wrong etc but kept putting it off hoping for what was a cheap one for a cheaper one .
One came up one day for $100 plus and sold from then on this card had appreciated from copper to gold.
And has held its value from then on .
Wether this will keep up as the demand eases or slowly diminish in value down to the low price I do not know.
if there were 1000 cases made I do not think that there are 1000 collectors chasing this card.
Thus the demand has been met so there is no reason to buy this card for more than the cheapest catalogue value
I think that the sheep mentality comes in here because it has increased in price some people have to have it and if more than 4 or 5 buyers purchase at a high price it then goes into the high value card bracket.
This is what i can not understand about the Outlander series of promo cards,
surely there must be enough promos printed to exceed demand or were most of them short printed.
The cards that Promo king describes were issued in DVDs and most of them would of been discarded plus to get the card it cost you approx $40 per card if there are 50 cards at $40 a pop do the maths very expensive no wonder that they are hard to find but actually how many collectors out there want or expect to be able to amass a complete set just Promo king I am not decrying his efforts to get all the promo cards he can ,i actually admire his efforts but just saying that if only one or two people want a card and one already has it the second card is almost a freeby for the other buyer .
But that is not how it works the highest price is always asked and hardly ever sold.
I actually think that over the last couple of years that the price of promo cards has risen not by a lot but risen and have solidified and will have a gradual rise in value in the future

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:

Raven,
I hadn't seen your topic here which is basically the same as the one I started about promos with a potential for appreciation. Do you think there's a way to combine the two threads? Cards are still just that whether it's a promo or an autograph or a sketch card right? So I think your thread is pertinent to all cards! Maybe one of the Mods can help out.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Raven,
I hadn't seen your topic here which is basically the same as the one I started about promos with a potential for appreciation. Do you think there's a way to combine the two threads? Cards are still just that whether it's a promo or an autograph or a sketch card right? So I think your thread is pertinent to all cards! Maybe one of the Mods can help out.

Sure. I didn't start it just for autograph cards, although I was thinking of "hits" in general because that seems to be where the value lies for many collectors.

I wouldn't know how to combine the two threads myself, but I have no objection to it. "Cards To Watch" could be any single card, or base sets, or inserts, or any type of hit someone sees as currently undervalued. Promo collectors would be welcome to post their suggestions too.

It might even broaden people's horizons. I've noticed that most card collectors tend to be attracted by more than one obsession at a time. Wink

I think I might be able to amend the thread title, if you think that would help?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I'm a little surprised that Tom Hopper GOT sellers aren't linking Umbrella Academy in their auction titles.

The Sheehan's from Mortal Instruments went quick after RA's set hit and the 2nd season kicked off.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Guess I have my second $1000 dollar card.

Topps Frank Oz AOTC broke into the 4 digit plain this month.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I might be able to amend the thread title, if you think that would help?

Your original description is sufficient and encompasses ALL cards. Maybe a Mod can merge the 2 threads.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post