Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Kickstarter Card Value
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kickstarter Card Value
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
These are questions for discussion. There are several threads on Card Talk about non-sport cards funded through Kickstarter projects. They are mentioned when running and then largely fade away. Some of the makers come on to announce the campaigns and some Card Talk members participate in ordering the cards. I don't think non-sport price guides attempt to follow these Kickstarter cards, even when they have very familiar titles and subjects. So here's my questions:

How are Kickstarter funded non-sport cards comparing to licensed mainstream produced non-sport cards, assuming a known subject and similar quality product?

Can you find many non-sport Kickstarter funded cards on the secondary market?

And if so, which ones, if any, are increasing in value?

Has anyone seen or tried to grade a Kickstarter card?

Basically I'm asking people who make, buy and sell these alternatively produced non-sport cards if they think they are forever novelty items for specific collectors, or if they think they are collectible cards with an active secondary market the same as licensed cards from major manufacturers?

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not an expert but I think the Mars Attacks ones which Topps did awhile back may be worth alot.

I remember the infamous $ 700 limited edition binder which they did which was the only way to get the P2 promo card. You would later see the P2 promo on ebay by itself, without the binder, with asking prices of $ 200-300. Frown

Posts: 4000 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post