Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Inkworks-Graffitti Catalogue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks-Graffitti Catalogue
 Login/Join

Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
this may have been brought up before, but I can't find it. Does anyone know what happened to all the pieceworks cards from the warehouse?

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
The pieceworks were bought by an english dealer who has them on his website for sale. Hope this helps.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pumpkindiver:
Does anyone know what happened to all the pieceworks cards from the warehouse?

If you need pointing in the right direction drop me an email. Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Inkworks was THE non-sport manufacturer and it really set the standard for what is considered to be the model now. Let's just acknowledge that and tip your hat, but don't forget how it ended.

I was not one of the collectors who got hurt, because I really didn't have many Inkworks' autograph cards. I actually benefitted when Razor repackaged them and threw them on the market. That doesn't mean that I would argue with collectors or dealers who are still upset for getting stuck with unfilled redemptions or saw inventory values drop.

It wasn't what happened, it was the speed and secrecy of what happened that caught some people by surprise. Its great to tell the story, but then you have to tell the whole story. Wink

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Wow! I did not expect so many responses and such an impassioned discussion on Inkworks (for the most part).

I'm very encouraged to begin laying the ground work. I'm debating the options on how best to go about collect and chronicle the information.

I appreciate this will be no easy or small project. Hopefully a very fulfilling one that will be of use and interest to many people who have taken enjoyment from any of the numerous Inkworks products released over it's 10 year run.

It would be nice to think those joining the hobby could find use for such a collective history of the company, if collecting Inkworks sets or taking an interest in the history of non sport a manufacturer that has been a mile stone in the Non Sport hobby.

Continued feedback and opinions are very welcome Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I didn't collect a lot of different release from Inkworks but I'm still collecting Robots sketch card. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of sthomas
posted Hide Post
GoldenEye was the only title under the Graffiti brand.
An NSU trade ad for Inkworks' The Phantom movie premiered in early June) appeared in the April '96 issue, indicating the company name change took place by February at the latest.
After Phantom, their next release was Pinocchio (the film debuted in late July). Finally,
Inkworks slated James Bond Connoiseur's Collection for a September street date.

Posts: 92 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: February 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sthomas:
GoldenEye was the only title under the Graffiti brand.
An NSU trade ad for Inkworks' The Phantom movie premiered in early June) appeared in the April '96 issue, indicating the company name change took place by February at the latest.
After Phantom, their next release was Pinocchio (the film debuted in late July). Finally,
Inkworks slated James Bond Connoiseur's Collection for a September street date.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out with information. Wave

Currently trawling the internet and burying my head in research - Yes to me that's fun Big Grin

Shall keep everyone updated Bouncey

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post