Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Once upon a time in Hollywood
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once upon a time in Hollywood
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Aside from Al Pacino (pop century) and Danielle Harris (Goodwin champions) does anyone know if any other cast member from Once upon a time in Hollywood as signed for any set ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bruce Dern is also in Pop Century.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Worst movie Tarantino ever made. Shake Head

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I liked the dog a lot. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Worst movie Tarantino ever made. Shake Head

We're on a different page, best film ever made, let alone Tarantino film, but this wasn't an answer I was looking for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check for Bruce Dern, and just realised I have Michael Madsen Bond auto.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If you check the cast credits there are many people listed that I didn't even know made appearances, I guess because they all wanted to say they worked for Tarantino. A few I know have cards besides Pacino, Harris and Dern are Martin Kove, Michael Madsen, James Remar and James Marsden. To build any kind of decent cast autograph display for OUATIH would be difficult I would think.

Oh and Tim Roth too has been in something I think. Yeah, Planet of the Apes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kurt Russell has autographs in 2008 Americana.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
If you check the cast credits there are many people listed that I didn't even know made appearances, I guess because they all wanted to say they worked for Tarantino. A few I know have cards besides Pacino, Harris and Dern are Martin Kove, Michael Madsen, James Remar and James Marsden. To build any kind of decent cast autograph display for OUATIH would be difficult I would think.

Oh and Tim Roth too has been in something I think. Yeah, Planet of the Apes.

I was thinking like maybe someone had a role in something I never saw like Arrow, James Marsden and Tim Roth were both cut from the movie. Where will I find Martin Kove ?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Where will I find Martin Kove ?

In 2008 Americana same as Kurt Russell. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have a Kove #A3 autograph card from Hercules. Don't ask me what year. Big Grin I liked him in a few low budget movies. No wonder I didn't know some of those people were in it. They got edited out. Watch there be a 5 hour Director's cut some day. Big Grin

And I'd still like the dog best. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes as Raven stated Kove also signed for Rittenhouse's Hercules: The Complete Journeys set from 2001. That was is on-card of course, unlike Americana.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tarantino signed for Americana, I think.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Tarantino signed for Americana, I think.

Good call Ted. Totally forgot about the big cheese himself. Tarantino signed for 2008 Americana ll & Celebrity Cuts.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Signing for Celebrity Cuts is not really signing, is it? Wink There were/are many really impressive names in Americana and Pop Century sets, but they are rare in the mix. I've bought quite a few boxes over the years and have never pulled any autos from that top tier. They exist, you see them on eBay from time to time, but you are doing very well if you get someone worth $40 out of a pack. I like the hodge-podge sets, but they were best when they were on sale.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Signing for Celebrity Cuts is not really signing, is it? Wink

If the cut was signed for the set it is. Which is what the Tarantino's, Russell's and quite a few others were.

The tough part with doing Once Upon a Time is that Pitt, Margot or Leo have not signed anything. Here are a few links to other QT movies I have put together. I have a couple more to add to Django but have not put them in as of yet.

https://photos.google.com/shar...ZUh6QlRPOWNXSW8zN29R

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Others in the film that have cards

Clifton Collins Jr Star Trek

Lew Temple Walking Dead

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
Signing for Celebrity Cuts is not really signing, is it? Wink

If the cut was signed for the set it is. Which is what the Tarantino's, Russell's and quite a few others were.

I was just fooling around with the "Cut" part of that product, but since you bring it up, I guess you must remember it because I really can't tell from the Hollywood Icon card. Tarantino signed on that cut card and on at least one other sticker card. He may have had more, but I don't see them right now.

The cuts designed for that set were the ones where celebrities signed white cards and put the titles of some of their movies underneath. I have a few of those and I think Kurt Russell did do some, but I have none for him.

I don't see Tarantino doing any of those. That Hollywood Icon card is just his signature on a plain white background. Never saw it in person. So if that signing was done specifically for the set or not, I couldn't tell from the photo. Now the sticker was signed for them and I think that's on one of those bad looking Private Signing cards. Just wanted to clarify, because it gets very confusing when we start talking about some of the odder autographs that have turned up in various forms in Leaf and Panini and Donruss products over the years.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't see Tarantino doing any of those. That Hollywood Icon card is just his signature on a plain white background. Never saw it in person. So if that signing was done specifically for the set or not, I couldn't tell from the photo. Now the sticker was signed for them and I think that's on one of those bad looking Private Signing cards.

The autograph on white was the standard for those early Americana releases. He also signed a Century Gold Signatures (sticker) for the same release that had the Hollywood Icons. The Private Signings for QT were in the next release. I don't believe he signed anything after that.

I would also lean that he signed these for the release given that every one I have seen has fit center in the window space given. Sure, a line here or there might stray off but there is no real evidence of Donruss pulling these signatures from various sources. You will see differences for people who had already passed away such as Bob Denver.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I see that the couple of images I find of Tarantino's Hollywood Icon card look like the autograph is squarely centered, but that's not the reason why I would say he MIGHT have signed specifically for them. It's that they also had sticker signatures from him in the next release, so there was some contract at some point.

But his having a centered signature is actually an exception to the majority of those cut cards that were horribly designed. You can find numerous ones for sale where parts of the signatures, along with parts of the added inscriptions or movie titles, are just hidden and cut off beneath the windows. We know they were signed for the product and yet the autographs and writing look awful in the windows, apparently because the signers had no indication of how much space they had to write in.

That Tarantino's signature could fit in the window in its entirety and be centered might have just been good luck, no matter where it came from. Big Grin