Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twin Peaks Card Set
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Wow, not only does the seller have all 36 Twin Peaks cards, they also have a set of the 12 Saturday Night Live autograph cards, also from StarPics.
QUOTE]
Looked at the 12 SNL autos and 3 of the signers, Farley,Hartman and G.E.Smith have been deceased for a while now.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
No so fast, BBH, the guitarist G.E. Smith is still with us.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
Old thread I know, but I was curious on everyone's thoughts on these? They don't say limited edition on top so I'm leaning towards fake..

http://m.ebay.com/itm/382159930764

http://m.ebay.com/itm/372009243804

Posts: 258 | Location: Homer Glen, IL | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tragicend:
Old thread I know, but I was curious on everyone's thoughts on these? They don't say limited edition on top so I'm leaning towards fake..

http://m.ebay.com/itm/382159930764

http://m.ebay.com/itm/372009243804

I believe they are fake also. Twin Peaks autographs always say "LIMITED EDITION" running across the top of the back. Plus the signature on the MacLachlan is way too small compared to how he usually signed his cards for this. Plus both of the stickers have too many marks and rough edges. That alone would make me nervous. And to top it off, Joan Chen's card has the wrong sticker.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
Thanks, just wanted a second opinion. Those are 2 of the 3 I need for my set. I've never seen a joan chen, but I thought Kyle's signature looked off too.

Posts: 258 | Location: Homer Glen, IL | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, just wanted a second opinion. Those are 2 of the 3 I need for my set. I've never seen a joan chen, but I thought Kyle's signature looked off too.

I had quite a few Twin Peaks autographs also but I sold them all. I actually owned 3 Joan Chen autographs - one with here first name only, one full name, and one she signed in Chinese. Her autograph cards always have the "RMR" sticker. The Star Pics Twin Peaks autographs are awesome cards but frustrating as hell to collect because, although you or I might be convinced they're real, it's hard to convince other people they are. So many collectors shy away from these simply because they don't trust them.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
Do you have pictures of your collection still? It's hard finding images of authentic ones to compare to. I bought a bunch from Bruce a few years ago and have been very picky when I buy them due to all the fake ones.

It's weird that the same seller has a Don S. Davis autograph listed too without limited edition on it. The not so popular actors also have fake ones? I love these cards so much, but it is so hard to collect them!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have pictures of your collection still? It's hard finding images of authentic ones to compare to. I bought a bunch from Bruce a few years ago and have been very picky when I buy them due to all the fake ones.

It's weird that the same seller has a Don S. Davis autograph listed too without limited edition on it. The not so popular actors also have fake ones? I love these cards so much, but it is so hard to collect them!

Sorry but I didn't keep any images. Frown

These are tough to collect. I feel like one could write a book about the supposed David Lynch signed card alone. To be honest, that's why I sold them. I hated the fact that so many other collectors avoid them. It reminds me of an episode of "Pawn Stars" when a man brought in Confederate Civil War items to sell and they basically told him they weren't interested because of all the fakes. They said there's so much fake Confederate stuff out there that collectors are not interested in trying to figure out what's real and what isn't so they just play it safe and avoid it altogether. I think a lot of non-sport collectors (and sport collectors for that matter) have taken that approach with regard to Star Pics autographs.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was just looking at that Davis auto card too - The signature is way too different from the Rittenhouse Highlander autograph (which I believe is genuine) Its bad to see all these counterfeits out there.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The owls aren't the only things that aren't what they seem.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I have a question for the hard core guys. In the
Star Pics Twin Peaks box sets there is a card that promotes their 1990 and 1991 sports sets plus the Twin Peaks cards. One the back side of the card it promotes Twin Peaks products: The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper "My Life, My Tapes", Twin Peaks "Access Guide to the Town" and finally a subscription to the "Twin Peaks Gazette" magazine.

SO.....could this be classified as a promo card? It has no number and doesn't say "promo" anywhere but that hasn't stopped many cards from making the cut. Any input would be gratefully appreciated and of course I'm just trying to get a conversation started. Metal

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's definitely a promo card, but I think it's not thought of one as much as other similar cards that weren't issued along with every single set like this one was.

The are a couple of promos featuring Cooper and Laura for the series that are more traditional but they are uncut cards in a slide holder that also enabled Star Pics to advertise their sports sets at the same time.

There is also a sealed test foil pack and I've seen some test cards, prototypes I guess they'd be, that feature the design of the final set, but none of the people on the series. It's been a while since I've seen them, but I didn't recognize anyone on those cards. They may have been people who worked for StarPics.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember when Marchant was selling the jumbo packs - 25 cards inside. Someone told me the cards were the same as those in the factory sets.

Marchant had a few oddball cards like that - stuff you don't see anymore.

Edit: I might still have an old Marchant price list - still use a box they sent a bunch of stuff in back in the 90's.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
The packs were Jumbo packs, made for test purposes and were a limited run, less than a thousand made, I believe. (That information comes from Marchant Cards, a longtime internet and mail order dealer). I don't think any autographs were to be found in those. I have a couple of them, but prefer to leave them sealed, and have never opened one, so I'm not sure if the cards inside are the "Limited Edition" version or not.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the foil pack. How big was it?

I do have a Twin Peaks 5-card strip said to be the unreleased chase cards for the Star Pics set (photos of production people/relatives). In the late 90's a collector told me they were not released as singles, warning me about that, because at the time, some dealers were cutting up uncut promo sheets for the singles because they were easier to sell. Now, some people are looking for the uncut sheets. I'm pretty sure I got that strip from Marchant as well.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
There is also a sealed test foil pack and I've seen some test cards, prototypes I guess they'd be, that feature the design of the final set, but none of the people on the series. It's been a while since I've seen them, but I didn't recognize anyone on those cards. They may have been people who worked for StarPics.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great news for all you Twin Peaks fans out there! I just spotted this on the Rittenhouse release schedule:

•The Complete Twin Peaks (2018)

DanceBounceyMetal

Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Great news for all you Twin Peaks fans out there! I just spotted this on the Rittenhouse release schedule:

•The Complete Twin Peaks (2018)

DanceBounceyMetal

I am starting to save money for it Now! Super excited!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Need to get David Lynch signing for this #1 above any others. His autograph alone would make the set. Beyond that, some of the standout actors from the new season as well as any of the "classic" cast they can get would be most welcome. Just recently, MacLachlan and Madchen Amick have signed for Rittenhouse, so they definitely know the drill.

Looking forward to this, whatever form it takes, even just a base set. Lenticulars would be great, shadowboxes, quotables, too. Sketches could be fairly wow, even if it's only locations like "Game of Thrones" plus costumes/props from the new series would be very collectible.

Good news!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm REALLY hoping they can get Naomi Watts to sign for this. Mulholland Drive (also by David Lynch) is one of my all-time favorite films.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a blog article on the DVD postcards with photos and a checklist:

https://twinpeaksblog.com/2020...peaks-dvd-postcards/

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have any of the postcards autographed by Lynch ever surfaced on ebay ?

Link says there were 983 made (16 of each of the 61 cards) and 7 of the Lynch card.

I don't see any of the GOLD FOIL variants on ebay, despite the fact that over 9,700 were made.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post