Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twin Peaks Card Set
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Have any of the postcards autographed by Lynch ever surfaced on ebay ?

Link says there were 983 made (16 of each of the 61 cards) and 7 of the Lynch card.

I don't see any of the GOLD FOIL variants on ebay, despite the fact that over 9,700 were made.

There are a lot less than that. Only seven cards from the main set have Gold and Signature versions, not all 61.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So if my math is correct there were only 119 cards autographed by Lynch. 16 x 7 of the select cards and 7 of his card.

Posts: 4003 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Has anyone got all these cards or most of them and how did you get them all.

Posts: 29000 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are a ton of single postcards on Ebay now. None of the gold or signed ones.

But folks want big bucks just for the singles.

Posts: 4003 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Have any of the postcards autographed by Lynch ever surfaced on ebay ?

I found two on Worthpoint that were sold on eBay:

https://www.worthpoint.com/wor...tcard-7gs-1853869335
https://www.worthpoint.com/wor...card-david-112715885

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I collected the postcard set by purchasing multiple (as in 100+) Gold Box DVD sets so as to get sealed packets and then reselling the DVDs, stating clearly that no postcards would be included, and that worked great for several years. I resold hundreds of doubles of the postcards, too, and sent A LOT of them internationally, which was a lot easier 10 years ago, postage-cost wise.

I purchased a set with an opened envelope that had the rare Wild Card (the regular, not the gold or autographed version).
This card is VERY seldom seen:

I got an autograph from a pack I opened, but it was the sawmill blades card (#04/16), unfortunately, so I sold that on.

You can see read the description I wrote for it if you click the lower link in the post immediately above this one. (Always fun to see Worthpoint copyrighting for themselves my work.)

It's OK, I have this now, and it's better.

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

I collected the postcard set by purchasing multiple (as in 100+) Gold Box DVD sets so as to get sealed packets and then reselling the DVDs, stating clearly that no postcards would be included, and that worked great for several years.

Well that is certainly one way of doing it. You would need to be pretty sure of your resale though or it could bite you hard.

Posts: 29000 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. How many DVD envelopes did you have to open before you compiled a complete basic set ? How many sets did you put together? Did you pull any gold borders cards? How many ?