Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Support Girl Power Trading Cards on Pepsi Refresh Project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Support Girl Power Trading Cards on Pepsi Refresh Project
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

Deborah Gossett Rivers has been trying to get a series called Girl Power Trading Cards made for a few years now. We met Ms. Rivers at the Philly show several shows ago (and spoke with her on the phone prior to that) and she's been working really hard to get the card series made ever since.

I got a note from her the other day saying that her project is now part of the Pepsi Refresh Project, which is a project Pepsi supports to fund various projects. Here's how Pepsi defines it:

What is the Pepsi Refresh Project?
Pepsi is giving away millions each month to fund refreshing ideas that change the world, one community at a time.

Here’s how it works: You have an idea to refresh your community. You invite people to get behind your idea and vote for it. If your idea is approved, Pepsi will help you make it happen with funding from a Pepsi Refresh Project grant. Sound complicated? It isn’t. You don’t have to have a project chosen, or even submit one to help refresh the world. Voting for ideas you like, commenting on someone else’s idea, “Liking” the Pepsi Refresh Project on Facebook, or even just drinking Pepsi products with Power Vote codes can have a positive effect for your community.

I just wanted to alert everyone to Deborah's idea and point you to the link (below) so that you might consider voting for her idea. Voting goes on through the end of the month.

Promote GIRL POWER TRADING CARDS, to educate, entertain, empower

Also, here is a link to Pepsi's FAQ about the Pepsi Refresh Project: Pepsi Refresh Project

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your support. I've learned quite a bit about trading cards since the conception of this project, any support and assistance is appreciated

Posts: 1 | Location: PHILADELPHIA, PA | Registered: July 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I drink nearly a six pack of pepsi a day. I even have a pepsi logo tattoo. I'll be sure to look into this.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I drink nearly a six pack of pepsi a day. I even have a pepsi logo tattoo. I'll be sure to look into this.

Wow man... the sheet will kill you :0

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:

Wow man... the sheet will kill you :0

Please, my feelings haven't changed since our issues on that other card site.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Done..and passed on to as many others as i can.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Done..and passed on to as many others as i can.

Cool. Thanks Chris.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's no reason whatsoever to mention an old thread from another forum here. Are you capable of dropping this issue and moving on?

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:

There's no reason whatsoever to mention an old thread from another forum here. Are you capable of dropping this issue and moving on?

Yes. Simply ignore me, and I'll ignore you.